Author Topic: Tournament idea proposal  (Read 25115 times)

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament idea proposal
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 04:19:50 pm »
It's not personal. WotC site generates a pseudo-random number.
Random.org has 2 important pros:
1: "Perhaps you have wondered how predictable machines like computers can generate randomness. In reality, most random numbers used in computer programs are pseudo-random, which means they are generated in a predictable fashion using a mathematical formula. This is fine for many purposes, but it may not be random in the way you expect if you're used to dice rolls and lottery drawings.

RANDOM.ORG offers true random numbers to anyone on the Internet. The randomness comes from atmospheric noise, which for many purposes is better than the pseudo-random number algorithms typically used in computer programs. People use RANDOM.ORG for holding drawings, lotteries and sweepstakes, to drive games and gambling sites, for scientific applications and for art and music."

2. List Randomiser - you dont have to assign numbers to the list items. That page randomises entire list for you, and then you can pick first X items from the list for the restrictions. It's less work.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 04:38:20 pm »
This one uses atmospheris noise instead of being pseudorandom... I guess that makes a difference (sort of)?

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see Mattilald's reply.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:50:25 pm by N-Sunderland »

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 04:43:23 pm »
It makes little sense to use a random dice generator and try to apply results provided in dice form.

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 07:43:44 pm »
Hold on, I link you to a page that lets you roll a dice with as many sides as you want, and you say it's not worth it, Swallow links you to essentially the same exact thing and it's a good idea that'll save you time?

I'm sorry Squash, people just love me. Don't take it personally, I love the customisable dice!

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 09:55:09 am »
I like the idea of a -Restricted- tourney where, out of a list of several things, two or so restrictions are randomly picked right before the match. A sudden 'No Pyramidions' or 'No Engineers' would make for an insane match, and would be a definite spectacle for those watching it.