Author Topic: Open Baptism by Spire Practice  (Read 8525 times)

Offline Demigo

• Salutes: 3
    • [URG]
    • View Profile
    • Unknown Random Guys
Open Baptism by Spire Practice
« on: July 21, 2013, 10:28:44 pm »
THIS IS NOT THE TOURNAMENT THREAD!!!

As many of you may or may not know there is a tournament called Baptism by Spire coming up. AlexIsNotOnFire and I are going to be hosting open practice lobbies for this tournament everyday until It's over at at 9pm BST or 4pm EST.

Lobby rules are simple, YOU MUST BE A SPIRE!!!!! That is it. As for the gun rules mentioned in the tournament thread you don't have to follow them. However we are making you abide by 1 gun rule. You and your ally may not use the same heavy gun (mainly to prevent pure sniping).

As for maps we are hopefully always going to be using the 3 maps that are going to be in the tournament itself which are Paritan Rumble, Labyrinth, and Duel at Dawn.

You do not have to be part of any clan or even entering to play in these practice games. If you are interested in competing but don't have anyone to play with I do suggest coming to these practices and simply talk to people about forming/ joining a team.

If you have any questions you can email me at biranj.monster@gmail.com or simply message me on here.

The following link will lead you to the original tread about the tournament. https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1596.0.html
Qwerty2jam has done a live stream of one of these practices. You can view it here. http://www.twitch.tv/qwerty2jam/b/433823820
Also follow me on twitter for screenshots from the practices and other GOI games @BrianJMonster

Offline AlexIsNotOnFire

• Salutes: 0
    • [BFS]
    • View Profile
Re: Open Baptism by Spire Practice
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 10:35:53 pm »
Hopefully I can get some of BFS to attend a few of them so if anyone fancies a challenge...

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 03:38:22 am »
I'd like to join if it's running when I'm on, as spire is a ship I just don't "get" it and so I never fly it in real matches as I'd just be a liability.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:40:18 am by Calico Jack »

Offline Strite

• Salutes: 6
    • [HVN]
    • View Profile
    • Haven
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 06:33:17 am »
Just a heads up that 4pm EST actually converts to 10pm BST. There is 6 hours between British Summer Time (which is GMT+1) and Eastern Standard Time. You can use this site to check current TZ's around the world. Many locations who are on EST during the winter months are currently on EDT (Eastern Daylight Time which is EST+1) which is consequently 5 hours behind BST. So yeah, 4pm EST is 10pm BST or 9pm GMT, 4pm EDT would be 9pm BST or 8pm GMT.

A bit confusing I know XD Damn daylight savings haha.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:34:55 am by Strite »

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 06:41:32 am »
That's why it's probably better to give times in GMT as most people know their offset.

Offline Demigo

• [URG]
    • View Profile
    • Unknown Random Guys
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 09:21:18 am »
i have trouble reading an analog clock and you guys expect me to no my timezones!!! your so mean!!!

Also I'd be happy to see you in lobby today Calico Jack! ^.^

Offline Demigo

• [URG]
    • View Profile
    • Unknown Random Guys
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 05:37:50 pm »
The lobbies will now be closed. If you are interested say something to me and I'll give you the password for the lobby. This isn't to privatize the practices!! They are still open to any one interested! We simply need a way to make sure the lobby stays all spire. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 12:19:44 am »
ahhh yes the stubborn joiner who refuses to listen to the entire lobby yelling at them to change ship, how I love them.

Offline Demigo

• [URG]
    • View Profile
    • Unknown Random Guys
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 01:00:00 am »
I love them so much I'm saving their faces from being raped!

It's also getting to the point where 1 lobby isn't gonna fit everyone who wants in!

Offline Demigo

• [URG]
    • View Profile
    • Unknown Random Guys
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 04:30:28 pm »
No practice lobby today due to the cogs!