Author Topic: The Solution for Title Gripes  (Read 8868 times)

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
The Solution for Title Gripes
« on: June 12, 2013, 02:21:17 am »
Now we all know many people in the game wish they had stayed at the title "Aeronaut" and this lead to the discussion of "more badass titles" for higher levels.

Well, good people, we finally have the solution.

add an option in role tab to select your title

yes. i know. its brilliant. :P

also yes, if this is in the pipe/has already been posted on the forums, i now look like a total noobcake :P

Offline Darcain

• Salutes: 0
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: The Solution for Title Gripes
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 06:40:52 am »
Would actually be pretty neat since people could stick with titles they like for their role.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 08:35:39 am »
I'm probably in the minority, but I like being boxed into a title.

This is personal. Some real talk coming at you here.
I see level as my rank. It's a measure of how well I can follow "orders" (achievements) from my superiors (the devs).
Basically, unless I get demoted, my rank will never go down. I am my rank. I will always choose the highest one.

Selectable titles would not prevent me from just selecting the highest one. But it might introduce more 'puff titles' like Pirate or such ambiguity that sounds cool-ish but is not some kind of advancement. I dislike random or custom titles or titles that seem to break the progression. I don't want to see CoD-like titlespam.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:26:26 am »
Selectable titles would not prevent me from just selecting the highest one. But it might introduce more 'puff titles' like Pirate or such ambiguity that sounds cool-ish but is not some kind of advancement. I dislike random or custom titles or titles that seem to break the progression. I don't want to see CoD-like titlespam.

That's exactly my point of view. The ones we got just could be rewritten if most people don't like them, but this may lead to chaos.
Also one point I could think about is high level players changing it to level one titles, joining a running game so they may be seen as beginners, and running around trolling/just doin achievements, leaving before the game is won/lost.

This is personal. Some real talk coming at you here.
I see level as my rank. It's a measure of how well I can follow "orders" (achievements) from my superiors (the devs).
Basically, unless I get demoted, my rank will never go down. I am my rank. I will always choose the highest one.

Well I don't quite think like that. If your rank would show the ratio of lost and won games, yes, agreed. But I don't think it's a measurement of how well you can follow orders - just because many people don't listen to their captains and bring other stuff to advance in ranks for example, which is the complete opposite of what was just written.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 11:07:05 am »
Well I don't quite think like that. If your rank would show the ratio of lost and won games, yes, agreed. But I don't think it's a measurement of how well you can follow orders - just because many people don't listen to their captains and bring other stuff to advance in ranks for example, which is the complete opposite of what was just written.

I see where you are coming from. I almost forgot this game has actual captains.
Rank is so meta to me, it has nothing to do with the actual game!
I didn't mean orders from my actual captain (I like to fly, so usually that's me anyway), but I totally get how that is confusing.

I agree, listen to the captains before achievement farming.

Offline BADFOOT

• Salutes: 8
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 12:45:09 pm »
Good idea OP. Allowing any player to select any title earned for the role they are playing at the moment would be great. It would also allow Muse to bestow unique titles for various reasons.

/Signed for makes good sense.

Offline JaegerDelta

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 06:01:15 pm »

That's exactly my point of view. The ones we got just could be rewritten if most people don't like them, but this may lead to chaos.
Also one point I could think about is high level players changing it to level one titles, joining a running game so they may be seen as beginners, and running around trolling/just doin achievements, leaving before the game is won/lost.

Your title doesnt change the number next to your name. someone would still be a lvl 11 but their title would be skipper or what have you.

Offline PzychoDude

• Salutes: 2
    • [Mad]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 08:47:18 pm »
but you can't see the lvl ingame (just title there), that's what he is refering to

Offline JaegerDelta

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 01:18:21 am »
oh crap. yeah i read that wrong :P lawls.

well that could be fixed by putting the number in game as well. however, what is really stopping those people from doing that right now anyway?

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 10:18:16 am »
oh crap. yeah i read that wrong :P lawls.

well that could be fixed by putting the number in game as well. however, what is really stopping those people from doing that right now anyway?

Mainly they don't wanna be known as trolls globally. Those who already do...well, yeah nothing to explain here.