Author Topic: The Icarus Sky Tournament 6/8 4PM EST [BRACKET]  (Read 24977 times)

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
Re: The Icarus Sky Tournament 6/8 4PM EST [BRACKET]
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 06:21:54 pm »
I only muted qwerty when he started talking about Dust... because I didn't want spoilers. Other than that hearing him melt down about sniping just brings a big ol smile to my face. It's like Crocodile Dundee Jr. going absolutely apeshit. Good fun.

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 02:36:20 pm »
I agree with Skrimskraw that the in game stats are not useful, the same as the in game ranking is not necessarily useful on determining what a good player they are. Many go achievement whoring, but really are not that good. I also know players, names of which I will not mention here, refuse to lose a game, and will only play on stacked teams, or leave after 1 lose. Many times the in games are very causal, and people are trying out new tactics, and such. It might make them afraid to do that if they know everyone is tracking their in game stats.

If you are using real competitive play stats that would be useful, but there is no central hub for that. Grayknight had offered do just that, and start taking down, and track wins and loses in competitive play. it would seem no one hit him up on that gracious offer.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2013, 05:22:30 pm »
No one was arguing that in game stats are an accurate indicator of skill, just that they would provide something else to bring up in commentary as opposed to 45 minute tangents about anime.

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 05:25:25 pm »
What is a sport without stats?????

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 05:36:39 pm »
No one was arguing that in game stats are an accurate indicator of skill, just that they would provide something else to bring up in commentary as opposed to 45 minute tangents about anime.

This so much. I'll never use silly little numbers to judge people. I'll respect a level 2 engineer with a 21:52 K:D ratio as long as he keeps my ship going, and I'll feel less than impressed with a level 13 engineer with a 1000:21 K:D ratio if he lets my ship fall apart. Stats, however, are more interesting, more relevant, and simply a better topic of discussion than GTA, anime, or anything like that.