Author Topic: YouTube is being strange again...  (Read 8244 times)

Offline rfslocutus

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
YouTube is being strange again...
« on: June 02, 2013, 12:44:41 pm »
So, I recorded and uploaded some gameplay footage and for some reason, YouTube seems to think I don't have commercial rights for the video. The only other info I've found was an old forum post from a CA saying that it was OK to monetize videos.

Video in question: here

Perhaps there's too much dead air, meaning not enough talking or what not to make it fall under fair use, I don't know. This is really irritating that of all people to get flagged, it's the guy with 8 subs and no views :(

Screenshot of the video on my dashboard:

If this is the wrong place for this, feel free to point me to the right place.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:56:37 pm by rfslocutus »

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: YouTube is being strange again...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 12:58:57 pm »
Check to see if it's the music that's causing it to get flagged, I know that youtube has a tendency to mistake one song for something completely different that's copyrighted.

Offline rfslocutus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 01:00:43 pm »
Check to see if it's the music that's causing it to get flagged, I know that youtube has a tendency to mistake one song for something completely different that's copyrighted.

The only music playing is in-game music. Perhaps I should turn that off for next time?

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 01:03:38 pm »

The only music playing is in-game music. Perhaps I should turn that off for next time?
Yeah, that's why I meant. Worth giving a try next time :)

Offline Suriel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 08:55:30 am »
I actually have the same issue. The reason why it is being flagged is not the music in my case. It's the fact that I cannot provide a link or written statement that Musegames is ok with me monetizing their content (for all the 3 cents that'd probably give me in a year... ;) I actually keep most of my vids ad-free, the GOIO one just took another vids default for reasons only YT knows.).

Still: It would be nice if such a statment could be posted somewhere on the forum - or if you are NOT ok with it, to let us know.
It is as easy as copying the statement Notch made for Minecraft, I guess. ;)

If such an official statement exists and I missed it, please point me into the right direction.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 05:00:41 pm »
oh crap I forgot about this. Yeah they're pretty open about it, and there's pretty much no restriction. I don't think they've ever made a "official statement" about it, but talking to any dev you'd get the answer that it's ok. For example here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/209080/discussions/0/846955554729347545/

if that isn't enought I can ask them to make a clearer official statement that you can show youtube.

Offline Suriel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 03:11:24 pm »
Please, if you could?