Author Topic: Disgusting  (Read 16162 times)

Offline teweedo

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Disgusting
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 01:47:00 pm »
I think I am in the minority to believe it's actually a good thing to let them speak whatever non-sense they want.

I'm not going to start a debate around that, however I'll just say that I am glad when the idiots speak out so I know who to not play with. I'd rather have that than the threat of being banned shutting them up and making me end playing with those people.

Offline Galexy Fixer

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 09:14:49 pm »
As a suggestion, perhaps we can implement a system where if we're annoyed by someone, we can toggle it so that we don't hear that person? It would only effect ourselves, but if a person was spouting offensive stuff you could report it and then toggle them off so you wouldn't hear what they say/type; you'd only be able to toggle them back on if they're on your ship, and if they're really annoying ya might not want to. Just a suggestion, and also I feel this video is related to the discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt9GwmOWoqo

Offline Moo

• Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 09:21:21 pm »
You can already click on their name and block them. That means you don't see their chat or hear their voice. But does nothing to stop them being disruptive to everyone else. And also can be confusing if people reply to their unseen comments etc.

Offline Galexy Fixer

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 09:45:39 pm »
Ah, I see, I didn't know that xD Thanks for informing

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 12:26:03 am »
Image broken?

Offline Audie Murphy

• Salutes: 5
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 03:58:27 pm »
Being a big advocate of free expression, I'm a little worried about the possibility of the reporting feature being abused.

I mean...if Muse get's the audience they deserve for this game, it's going to become impossible to have a human handle every single report.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 02:49:08 pm »
But for now it can help to build a database. Then machines can take it over.

Freedom of Expression is good, but this isn't exactly a public forum. It's a private community limited to players of the game.
Yeah, people should be able to say what they want, but they should do it in their own communities or in a public forum.

I want the option to choose what I am exposed to.
It requires careful judgement, and yeah, you can't police 100% of incidents, you'll eventually have to pick your battles.
But for now, I think we're doing a good job with positive reinforcement and community cultivation.