Author Topic: Engineer control of Engineer AIs  (Read 3845 times)

Offline Xarvier

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Engineer control of Engineer AIs
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:32:38 am »
Greetings,
I am a relatively new player, but I love the game and I've been told that Devs do actually read these things so here is my suggestion:

I. Engineer player(s) can assign Engineer AIs to specific areas or components of the ship.

Pros -
1. Avoids AIs wasting time running around the ship and stepping on the toes of the player engineer (really bad on the Mobula!)
2. this gives Engineering players a feeling of being Chief Engineer - nice!

Cons -
1. this gives engineering players another task to juggle
2. conflict resolution with orders from multiple players. . . but if you have 2 engineer players and AI is on engineering too you've got bigger problems.

II. This can be overridden by the Captain's commands to AIs (but is persistent when they switch back to Engineering duty) - In other words, Chain of Command.

Thanks!

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Re: Engineer control of Engineer AIs
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 04:03:34 am »
Hmmm.. I start a game with three AIs and I'm getting on fine.  Some random player joins mid-game as engineer and starts assigning the AIs where *he* thinks fit so that he can go play on the guns all day long.

No.  Don't like it.  I'm a control freak.  That's why I'm the Captain.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: Engineer control of Engineer AIs
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 11:27:57 am »
I have been jokingly asking for a "Frog March" button which allows the player to drag another player or AI from one component to another. It would be useful for showing noobs where the gun deck is on larger ships. However the possibility for trolling is too great.