Author Topic: Mod (and Dev!) approved Psychology Survey for Honours Thesis - Please consider  (Read 28704 times)

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Hey everyone,

I'd like to first both acknowledge and thank N-Sunderland, and Muse Clara Skyborn for granting me permission to make this thread.

Some of you know me already as Morblitz, but my name is Morgan, and I am a student currently completing a degree in Psychological Science (Honours) at Charles Darwin University, Australia.

For my Honours thesis  I need to conduct an Internet based psychological study, and the data I need to get for this study is through responses to a short 15 minute survey that I have put up online. We are seeking male and female participants who are 18 years of age or over, and are able to read and write in English fluently.

The study will examine participants’ relationship and attachments styles, and their effects on quality of sleep.
If you have 15 minutes to spare, it would really be appreciated if you could help me collect as many responses as possible by completing this survey. Also, if you could forward it (either by linking this forum post or copying and sharing the survey link) to as many of your friends as you can – even to just 1 other person, it would be fantastic.

To take the survey, please click on this link http://cduhes.asia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1ZDErOFtAJMvYy1 and please be as honest as possible.

All information provided will be anonymous and protected and the survey is based on a collection of validated measures. The website is completely safe, and there are no risks of viruses or any sort of thing like that.

I am very curious as to how this diverse group of people might be reflected in any data that I get, so I hope you will consider giving it a go.

If you have any questions please ask away.

Thank you so much for your time, guys!

- Morgan (Morblitz) (Student Researcher)

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
So can you tell me if it really is my fault or not? :P .... I shall give it a go... hope it helps :D

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Everything is Shink's fault. Thy is the will of Bacon.

But on a serious note, anybody can participate? Even from the Frozen North of Finland like I am? Just to make sure.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
Haha That reminds me of this comic... The internet is a scary place.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Thanks heaps for your responses guys, it is massively appreciated. Every little bit helps!

Everything is Shink's fault. Thy is the will of Bacon.

But on a serious note, anybody can participate? Even from the Frozen North of Finland like I am? Just to make sure.

Yeah it's a general population snowballing internet survey. Which means once I put it up, it's fairly out of my control regarding who wishes to take it. The only caveats are that you are required to be 18 years old or over, and speak and write english fluently.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure it would be fine for you to take it! :) The golden rule here is that, the more responses, the better!

Also, Shink, when I examine the data I'll try to let you know whether or not it is indeed your fault.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
My survey responses have been climbing. Whilst this thread has been relatively quiet, I think there have been some people who have been taking the survey, and just not posting about it.

So, thanks to everyone that I know have taken it.

But also, thanks to all the people who have taken it that I don't know about! :)

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 71
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
I'll throw in my 2 cents I guess. Everything for a fellow GOIO player!

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Cheers! It's super appreciated :)

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
I might have taken it, but I might also be the guy who shows signs of  psychosis :p

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
yeah I sound really depressed in this survey, heh

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Well my responses in that felt pretty grim..

Uh, that wasn't supposed to be a joke with my name but we'll go with it.

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 71
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile

Your name would be perfect if you suffered from winter depressions, no offense ofcourse.

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile

Your name would be perfect if you suffered from winter depressions, no offense ofcourse.
Lol, none taken. Although the name is actually the combination of two names for characters from two different stories from mine. Happened to find out they sound pretty cool together.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Thanks very much for your participation guys!

Yeah its interesting how surveys make you reflect on things like mood and what not. I had one girl who took it tell me that the survey made her realise how bad her sleep was and its something she should probably fix.

Hope the mood stuff isn't too concerning. If it is, try to do some exercise, it's a good start.

Offline Gear Ghost

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Took the survey. Overall I'd say my relationship is great, and that most of my stress comes from work.