Author Topic: Blooper Reel  (Read 35848 times)

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Blooper Reel
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2013, 05:56:18 pm »
I was once in a match flying a squid, when an enemy squid was up against a building in Rumble. Using the quick decision making skills I poorly pretend to possess, I decided the best course of action was to ram them full speed and crush them against the building. Assuming I had the speed advantage and we were the same mass, not to mention the building would deal extra impact damage to them, causing them to explode (hopefully) well before my armor expired.
It sounded good on paper. In practice this caused us both to explode instantly. This was also during the birthday celebration, so it was kind of awesome, but still kind of embarrassing.
Ah, I have suffered this cruel fate many a time. It never gets old :D

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Blooper Reel
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2013, 11:44:04 pm »
Yesterday my ambush was ambushed.

In the Canyon Ambush map, I was flying a Pyra with an allied Junker. We were versing 2 Goldfish.

We spawned in the open area. The Goldfish has no rear gun, so I thought it'd be best to get behind them, so I suggested the Junker to be bait at the opening to the open area and I would hide next to the cliff wall (that some ships can fly over). We waited for a few minutes, my finger hovering over the throttle-up key.

Out of no-where in half a second half of my ship was destroyed, mainly my engines. One of the Goldfish was behind us and let rip his Hwacha at close range! I never knew there were 2 entrances to where we spawned. Luckily the pilot went past us, so once we repaired our engines, we chased them. After a short battle we somehow destroyed BOTH Goldfish!

We were pretty amazed that we survived AND we destroyed both foes. :)