Author Topic: Any good loadouts BESIDES Gat/flak?  (Read 24443 times)

Offline Grantrithor

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Any good loadouts BESIDES Gat/flak?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 12:30:00 am »
I see more mercs than flaks to be honest, especially since half of the pilots are using pyra or goldfish. The one gun that I hardly ever see though is the lumberjack.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 01:02:58 am »
Flamethrower/Artemis. Using greased or burst on the missile sling will disable at a longer distance, and destroy the effectiveness of opposing weapons. Get close enough and unload with the greased or heavy clipped flamethrower. With luck, you'll ignite their engines and ruin their turning effectiveness cos they'll be too busy repairing guns and the armor due to rockets/ramming. At that point, they are sitting ducks and your ramming will spin their guns out of arc.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 04:07:09 am »
Junker + Full harpoons

ok.... so it's not actually effective and is fairly suicidal to use but it is GOOD for having fun in :D
You never said (exactly) that it had to be good for game play :P

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 04:08:02 am »
I see more mercs than flaks to be honest, especially since half of the pilots are using pyra or goldfish. The one gun that I hardly ever see though is the lumberjack.
Lumberjack is awesome, I use it on my spire and if you have a good gunner on it you can pop their balloons before they even get close (and keep them popped)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 08:02:53 am »
Flamethrower/Artemis. Using greased or burst on the missile sling will disable at a longer distance, and destroy the effectiveness of opposing weapons. Get close enough and unload with the greased or heavy clipped flamethrower. With luck, you'll ignite their engines and ruin their turning effectiveness cos they'll be too busy repairing guns and the armor due to rockets/ramming. At that point, they are sitting ducks and your ramming will spin their guns out of arc.

Huh? Heavy has never done anything good for me in a flamethrower. Not to derail this of course.

Offline Deano

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 09:16:53 am »
I think we can all agree that a moonshine ramming squid is the best atm.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 12:19:58 pm »
All these builds require a higher degree of skill from the pilot, the gunner or both to be more effective than a gat/flack. While it is possible to out fight a gat/flack with many of these builds it is not easy. I occasionally feel bad asking a high level gunner to take the gat, since it is an obvious waste of his/her talents.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 12:49:56 pm »
All these builds require a higher degree of skill from the pilot, the gunner or both to be more effective than a gat/flack. While it is possible to out fight a gat/flack with many of these builds it is not easy. I occasionally feel bad asking a high level gunner to take the gat, since it is an obvious waste of his/her talents.
I mean, if we want to take a look at the level of skill that is used to gun, even the gat/flak combo needs to have the gunners be in sync for it to be most effective. Generally in a randoms ship you'll have both guns firing at all times instead of waiting for hull to go down before you hit the flak, but it's true that it's probably the least taxing out of all the gun combinations.

Offline Parkourwalrus

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 06:36:07 pm »
Gat banshee is good for harassing light heavy ships (pyra, goldfish), and is amazing for 3v3 support. I use it on my squid.

Offline Gentlemanriot

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 02:59:02 am »
Gat/Flack is best in my opinion as is Gat and Mort, then there is Gat and Merc, Gat and Flame, Gat and Flare Gun, Gat and Gat with a side of Gat.

Seriously though, Gats peel armor easypeasy like. Anything else is just dmg.

Offline Serenum

• Salutes: 12
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 07:24:39 am »
There's plenty of good loadouts beside gat-flak, the problem is that they all require more skill from the gunner or the pilot or both.
Gat-flak is a low risk, high reward loadout.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 01:33:10 pm »
Next time I pilot I'm going to try a new ramming setup on my Pyra. It'll be a rather interesting one.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 04:32:30 pm »
Next time I pilot I'm going to try a new ramming setup on my Pyra. It'll be a rather interesting one.

Do tell. I use Gat/Merc as my ramming build.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 06:58:31 pm »

Damn, you beat me to it!

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 09:03:38 pm »

Damn, you beat me to it!

Didn't we use that already in a game though? :P