Author Topic: Stock Market of Icarus Online  (Read 19025 times)

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 71
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Stock Market of Icarus Online
« on: May 29, 2013, 04:45:55 pm »
In here, we are rich, we are poor. Most importantly, we are gambling with fictional financials!

The rules of the game is simple. Me and Cornelis (Sunderland too if he bothers) will be directors of the board that controls the worths and are rich. We don't have any understanding of stocks, so don't blame us if we run it our way.

Introductions!

First, We need you to make a name for your currency! Aswell as a country. We'll incorporate it into our Google Spreadsheet, that's where we'll update your standing. Everyone can ofcourse check it, but only the Directors can change it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkqlfNXzsN3rdDk3a2pYa0lNcy1hTmUxQWlSeThQS2c#gid=0

Then, The directors will draw numbers out of a hat, the number will be compared to our National Standard: The Sunderland Salute.

Your currency and bank will be added to the spreadsheet, and you'll be in the game. Your bank name is the same as your Forum name.

How it works! ..More of less

So now you're probably thinking: "Great! I have value! ...What do I do wit it?!" And for that, we've included the first type of decreasing your opponents worth, Each time you say the word, the value inflates. The value have a max inflation rate pr. day, meaning that you can't just pummel someones' economy on a single day.
Since you can't just spam the chat with the word, the cap of inflation is 20 times pr. day. Each time equals a percent of the current values' standing.

Anyone can inflate your value, but the only way to note it down into the system is, that you send it to a person in the Directors' board, or if a person from the Director's board bore witness to it.

The perma-directors, and then the 3 wealthiest banks are allowed to seat at the Director's board, they can claim to be the RICHEST of men in the GOIO community!

Your wealth is defined by the amount of money you posses in Salutes' after each week. And then your value will be judged by how many percent of the global economy you have in your possesion.

Inflation Rules

If your value inflates too much, you'll have to go into debt from the bank or another player that wants to help out. You will be indebted to whoever saved you.

If you were saved by someone you will have to pay a weekly cost of 10% if it's by the bank or a custom rate if it's another country.

If you were not saved, you're forced to put up bonds, people can buy your country, but your value and amount of money will be saved.

There will be a hundred bonds for auctioned Banks, each representing 1% of the banks weekly revenue. The owner of the banks can choose how many bonds he'll put up for sale (If you auction all 100, you are effectively out of the game.) The price of each bond will be the same, but the owner gets to choose at what price he sells, if he makes it too expensive, people might not want to buy. If he makes it too cheap, he won't be able to save the value.

Anyone who has bonds in a bank that's indebted, will have to help in paying off the debt, only to the percent of which he owns.

Please Read

The game is pretty much free-form, and as such I'd like to ask anyone who has a proper understanding of economy to PM me (Don't flood the thread with it) and ask to join me with Cornelis at the Directors' board. We will serve like DM's, with our own currencies in the mix of it all.

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Stock Market of Icarus Online
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:47:07 pm »
Remember: Only 3 people are allowed to sign up pr. day for now. I'm lazy.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 05:27:11 pm »
Well, minorly confused as to how exactly this will work, but hey, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

My currency: Bolts

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 06:20:05 pm »
Well, minorly confused as to how exactly this will work, but hey, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

My currency: Bolts

Don't worry, we're just as confused as you are!

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 06:26:32 pm »
certainly interesting... I guess I'll try it out

Currency: Silverware

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 06:28:47 pm »
Not economically well-versed, but mayhap I could pitch in if other, more knowledgeable people, don't join up.

Currency: Fjorland Marks

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 06:36:00 pm »
Aaand we hit the max-cap of people for today! Try again in 24 hours!

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 10:33:24 pm »
Currency: Badgers

Offline NLcornelis

• Salutes: 1
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 11:17:57 am »
Currency: Badgers

Added!

Offline Commodore Phoenix

• Salutes: 12
    • [CCor]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 11:42:55 am »

Currency: Phubals

Offline NLcornelis

• Salutes: 1
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 11:47:02 am »

Currency: Phubals

Also added!

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 12:28:02 pm »
You know what I'll bite.

Currency: Dolups

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 12:45:10 pm »
Oh, I totally forgot to make a country name....

Update my country to be: Generica

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 05:07:44 am »
I forgot the country. Fjorland (obviously NOT Fjordland, we woul't want any copyright issues.).

I shat bricks and bolts, btw. Saw a badger in real life for the first time ever.

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 12:20:53 pm »
I forgot the country. Fjorland (obviously NOT Fjordland, we woul't want any copyright issues.).

I shat bricks and bolts, btw. Saw a badger in real life for the first time ever.

It has started, the war of Inflation begins with Fjorland Marks