Author Topic: Pilots?  (Read 22143 times)

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Pilots?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 01:07:53 pm »
Man, every once in a while a new player will come onto my ship, never playing with me before, and we'll win a couple of pub games.  After a few wins they'll type in crew chat "you know, you're a good pilot"

Reminds me why I love to pilot, makes it all worth it.
I try to make sure my pilot knows they are doing a great job when they are. A good pilot makes the game enjoyable for everyone on the ship!

I've played the role a few times, the first because we just needed someone in the slot. After that I just thought it was a useful skill to have so I force myself into it every now and then. When I first started playing a lot of people were telling me engineering is a stressful role but honestly I find being a captain to be far more stressful and difficult without question. The only time an engineer's job is really stressful to me is when the captain is making it stressful (i.e yelling at you to fix something when you're already on it and just getting antsy about you not being able to keep everything up 100% of the time).

Going a bit on the derailed part of this topic I found the Pyramidion easier to fly than the Goldfish but I think thats just because I am so used to being on it. I may need to give the fish a few more tries to see if I can get better with it. Most of my games as captain have been in random public matches with less experienced players just so I can get my feet wet but I should probably take the role with some experienced players that are willing to deal with me so I can learn a bit more.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
Re: Pilots?
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 02:19:49 pm »
Pilot/captain is definitely the most stressful job, but the most rewarding as well. I have to be in the right mood to pilot, because how enjoyable it is totally depends on your crew/team. Have to be in the right mood to take on that challenge. If I'm not feeling it I'll just engineer, which I also thoroughly enjoy.