Author Topic: Harpoon  (Read 10992 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
Harpoon
« on: May 27, 2013, 10:40:20 pm »
Have a set length for the rope so it will reel in the enemy ship and hold it there until the rope is snapped.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Re: Harpoon
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:53:18 am »
also make the harpoon able to attach to enviroment for sharper turning without losing speed

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:20:51 am »
this really is a topic for lockheart and his intense love for harpoons.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 07:54:42 am »
also make the harpoon able to attach to enviroment for sharper turning without losing speed

I've always loved this idea... I wonder how difficult it would be to implement...

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 08:07:14 am »

I've always loved this idea... I wonder how difficult it would be to implement...
make enemy enviroment

Offline Gabranth

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 11:49:53 am »

make enemy enviroment

I don´t think its that easy...

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 12:12:54 pm »

make enemy enviroment

sticky harpoon?

Offline Gabranth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 12:25:54 pm »

make enemy enviroment

sticky harpoon?

Yeah to implement the mechaninc that the environment can be targeted with the harpoon and its sticks to it isnt a small deal.

Offline Seamus S

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 12:19:41 pm »

make enemy enviroment

sticky harpoon?

Yeah to implement the mechaninc that the environment can be targeted with the harpoon and its sticks to it isnt a small deal.

Shots already interract with the environment. This doesn't seem like too large of a change.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 12:56:06 pm »
We just need the harpoon gun to pull both ships together at the point of contact. I can see a lot of weapons that would benefit from this kind of game mechanic if it worked.

Offline Typhi

• Salutes: 10
    • [TFoD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 08:35:45 am »
We just need the harpoon gun to pull both ships together at the point of contact. I can see a lot of weapons that would benefit from this kind of game mechanic if it worked.

This.

Offline Seamus S

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 10:00:18 am »
I think a harpoon with a rocket attached to it would be hilarious, and also useful in many situations. Imagine shooting an enemy ship in the side and they get a side movement vector for the next 10 seconds or so. I see squids spinning like dervishes from off center, side hits.  =)  Shoot a ship from a higher angle and force it downward. Shoot it on the front and slow it down, etc. Silly but fun, and very much in keeping with the more fantastic aspects of steampunk fiction.

Offline Enjix

• Salutes: 3
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 02:12:30 pm »
Allow the person on the harpoon to be able to reel in or give ships slack at will.