Author Topic: Zill's Merry Men  (Read 361724 times)

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: Zill's Merry Men
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2013, 08:10:14 am »
Oh man, what can I say about Zil's Merry Men other than, they are awesome. I've flown in pubs with them, I've flown against them in tournaments and I've yet to encounter a bad apple.

Zil's Merry men really are an amazing clan and they are great sportsmen/women to boot. You need look no further than day 6 of the Flotsam campaign to see that in action.

Overwatch are forever in your debt for you selfless actions on the field of battle that day. They may have cost you the win, but gave you the moral victory!

*salutes*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2013, 09:56:13 am »
@ Hampster : I can see that I suppose. I gave up saving spots on my side a long time ago, lol.

@ Rimmer : I appreciate that and I'm sure the rest of MM does as well. We used to have some merry women (and I swear we treated them well) but they have since left the camp. I think Shink scared them away.....

Anyways, you guys are always welcome to our lobbies and in the future im sure we will meet again competitively.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2013, 10:58:24 am »
Oh man, what can I say about Zil's Merry Men other than, they are awesome. I've flown in pubs with them, I've flown against them in tournaments and I've yet to encounter a bad apple.

Zil's Merry men really are an amazing clan and they are great sportsmen/women to boot. You need look no further than day 6 of the Flotsam campaign to see that in action.

Overwatch are forever in your debt for you selfless actions on the field of battle that day. They may have cost you the win, but gave you the moral victory!

*salutes*
We may be nice, but that doesn't mean we won't be coming after your titles >: )

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2013, 11:45:30 am »

*salutes*
We may be nice, but that doesn't mean we won't be coming after your titles >: )

Oh yeah? We're gonna do our best to beat you to them ;)

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2013, 01:06:27 pm »
1 down 3 to go. :P It's only a matter of time before the Paddling have them all :P

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2013, 01:15:11 pm »
1 down 3 to go. :P It's only a matter of time before the Paddling have them all :P
Oh? Which one did they take?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2013, 01:15:56 pm »
I think they got Duel from them.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2013, 01:19:57 pm »
I think they got Duel from them.

Yeah, The Paddling really wanted to go for Duel first. It's their best map.

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2013, 01:20:45 pm »
Indeed. Blew us away before we could even think of getting close with some nicely buffed flak/lumber combination from the Galleon if I'm not mistaken. incredibly impressive co-ordination to get the hits in :)

Offline Abraham Edwards

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2013, 10:40:26 pm »
I would be honored to fly beside you and to be called a Merry Man!

In Game Name: Abraham Edwards
Steam Name (can be given later through PM): The Shoes Brothers
Preferred Class: Engie
If you were a cow headed to slaughter, and the farmers decided to keep 10 cows back. What would you do to be a part of that 10?
Start a revolt. Why should any of us be slaughtered? I would call up the heard to rebellion against our farmer overlord and we shall make ourselves free!!! Forward brothers! The BULLshevik revolution has begun!!! (A thousand pardons for the pun)

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2013, 10:52:56 pm »
Abraham Edwards played with me last night, and he was quite fantastic. Y'all could do a lot worse than him.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2013, 01:38:10 pm »
You may have noticed a lack of Merry Men in the skies as of late. We've been on a bit of a Guns vacation, recharging our batteries after the Flotsam tournament. Some played Payday 2, some played Terraria, and others played Civ V. I coded. The end result is a new hub for the Merry Men:

Thanks to the power of Ruby on Rails and Twitter Bootstrap, I was able to whip up a fully featured and secure web app in under a week. I wanted a better way to communicate with our non forum-going or Skype-using members, and having a website is the best way to do that. It's still under development, so some things may change and there are more features planned. I'm an engineer by training: web dev is not my specialty so it may look a bit off or ugly in places but it will work.

Site Features:
  • Some basic information about the merry Men
  • A currently out-of-date and ugly looking list of all of our competitive matches
  • A news section, with and RSS feed to make staying up to date easy.
  • A registration system, so current MM members can join and gain access to all our planning and scheduling tools

People looking to join the Merry Men should still post here, nothing's changed with that process. We'll be back in Guns, so make sure to find us and play with us after posting here.

To our non-MM friends: keep an eye out for us in the sky, we'll be around and hopefully even more organized.

To our Merry Brothers and Sisters: register on our new site, bookmark it, subscribe to the feed, and eventually opt-in to get emails when we're trying to schedule a new event or something. (no promises that you won't be signed up for cat facts)

If you have any questions or comments about the site, feel free to contact me here or via PM.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:56:05 pm by DMaximus »

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 05, 2013, 01:55:40 am »
*snip*

Looks good, DMaximus. The main images do distort on window resize though, but that's a minor point (sorry...I do a bit of web and graphic design myself, so I nitpick  :P)

Great flying with you today, by the by. Hope to catch you again!

...and I still need to catch Zill or Shinkurex for more than a game or two. I should get on that.  :D

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 05, 2013, 09:12:01 am »
*snip*

Looks good, DMaximus. The main images do distort on window resize though, but that's a minor point (sorry...I do a bit of web and graphic design myself, so I nitpick  :P)

...and I still need to catch Zill or Shinkurex for more than a game or two. I should get on that.  :D

Trust me I'm at fault too for not being on as much as i'd like to be for the past couple weeks. It'll happen though and I'm glad you still want to even after the time that has past. I get feedback from my members too so it all works to your favor.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 05, 2013, 09:53:37 am »
*snip*

Great flying with you too! Best crew I've had in a training match in a long time. It was also the first training match I've run in a few weeks, I've been slacking...

I also flew with Zander Broda last night with a captain that talked like a pirate constantly. It was amusing. Then Zander piloted us to several fun kills with a banshee pyra.

Yeah, the carousel images resizing poorly is bugging me a lot. I do all my development on a tiny 13in MacBook, so I only notice things like that after pushing it to Heroku and looking at it on a bigger screen. It's on the list of things to figure out.