Author Topic: Ship diagrams  (Read 4037 times)

Offline Richard P

• Salutes: 3
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
    • Fleet of Sodom blog
Ship diagrams
« on: May 25, 2013, 09:10:00 pm »
I started with writing this post in bugreport thread, but now I think, this place suits better.
I think, I liked static diagrames more than new ones, they work quite slow, and sometimes don't work at all. It might be critical, when captain changes the ship in last seconds, and gunner have to understand, what ammo he should take (of course he sees the guns, but it takes some time to guess their location). I think, everyone saw the bug with two models of ships displayed at the same time, and I even saw a goldfish called "Pyramidion" with four light guns displayed (three of them were located in goldfish gun slots, and the fourth one was flying somewhere under the ship). Of course all the bugs will be fixed someday, but one problem will remain: ships are very big, and distances between guns are relatively small. Without rotating junker or galleon one cannot guess between the right and left guns. If pilot wants to put, for example, hwacha and flak to both sides, he can make a mistake, and get 2 hawachas on one side, and 2 flaks on another as a result.
Of course, 3D diagrames also have their advantages, so I just propose to make a switch between 2D and 3D diagrames. (It will also solve a problem with numerical parameters of ships.)
Thank you for your attention and sorry for all mistakes I made.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship diagrams
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 09:12:33 pm »
My biggest issue with the 3d model of the ship is that I can't tilt it up or down. It can make it really hard for me to tell which gun I'm looking at.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship diagrams
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 10:07:34 pm »
Not fond of the 3D. I still find figuring out the gun point locations is a hassle. The white lines cross each other too much. Plus I miss the numbers on the guns and ships. Hiding numbers dumbs the game down imo and also allows changes without notifying everyone. Right now it takes testing to discover how much has been messed up. Muse can say ships like the Squid haven't been nerfed but been buffed but 1.2 really messed enough up to seriously hamper it's effectiveness. Could not go on Muse's word to find it, you had to just really test it and have known how much better 1.1 was.