Author Topic: Weapon Pre-turning  (Read 7344 times)

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
Weapon Pre-turning
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:57:56 pm »
The current turning arcs for guns isn't the topic here but I didn't know what else to title it.

I just want to be able to preset my gun rather than it always pointing straight when you get on it.

This is a smaller thing I know but it can be extremely annoying being a side gunner on a Pyri, then you run away to hit the hull and when you come back you have to turn the weapon back toward the enemy ship. I would rather see it left where it was when you hopped off.

This is mainly an Artemis problem with its nice turning arc but slower than molasses turning speed. Instead of getting 2-3 trifecta clips in the guy will maybe get 1 before hes forced into full repair mode.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Pre-turning
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 02:16:40 pm »
Yeah i would like to see this put in to. Like how the speed of the ship gets reset when a new person gets on the  wheels. So the weapon saves its aiming position like that, same with bullet change. When you leave a gun witha  certain ammunition, it will reset back to default when another person wields the gun.

Offline NikolaiLev

• Salutes: 4
    • [Fur]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 04:08:01 pm »
I would definitely like to see weapon ammos be more persistent, as they currently seem to reset after time, or when another person repairs the weapon.

However, letting a weapon stay in a certain position would likely introduce balance problems.  This is to be done very carefully; it'd likely be an unnecessary buff to some ships and guns.  The Junker is an example of a ship that would get unnecessarily buffed as a result of this.

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 07:05:53 pm »
 It is already very easy to get a trifecta with the junker because of the gun positions and how the ship moves.  This would be more of a buff for say the goldfish, Pyri, Squid, and spire.

Maybe that is something that would cause a balance issue though. I really don't know, we would have to wait and see I think. Maybe the reasoning behind them going to neutral is something as simple as the gun naturally locks there so when you leave it you have to put it to neutral or else it flops around.

Also I probably should have put this in suggestions....

Offline NikolaiLev

• Salutes: 4
    • [Fur]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 05:42:55 pm »
Maybe the reasoning behind them going to neutral is something as simple as the gun naturally locks there so when you leave it you have to put it to neutral or else it flops around.

Reasoning isn't really important when it comes to a game that doesn't focus on realism.  Balance issues are the primary concern.  That said, you're right when you say it'd be a buff to other ships (though not to the Pyramidion, as it relies on front facing guns).

I think it's worth trying out.

Offline Barbariandude

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 10:22:27 pm »
I really like this idea, would be a huge quality of life improvement for gunners and gunning engineers everywhere.

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 12:30:04 am »
Actually nikolai with the front left side gun on a pyri being able to have it set facing as far forward as possible could let the hull engi hop on for a few shots in a trifecta situation alot quicker.

But yeah I really like the idea the more I think about it and think it might be worth a look . AWKM ohhhhh AWKM please make it so! :P