Author Topic: Make Classes more Unique (and prevent 3 man hull tanking)  (Read 21119 times)

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Make Classes more Unique (and prevent 3 man hull tanking)
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 09:14:07 am »
The reason why we are focusing on the hull tanking is due to the fact that there is already a discussion on the effectiveness of a gunner (https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,410.0.html)... don't get me wrong, I'm all for a buff to the gunner if that's decided, but I don't particularly see the need to. I have a loadout of ammo for every gun I fire, and I use every one of them in a match (with the exception of harpoon and flare)... I even use loch... That's all I'm going to say on this matter :)

Offline teweedo

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 10:19:00 am »
Could we do something like the pilot tools? For example we could have a tool that increases the turn radius of the weapon or the angle it can be aimed?

Very good idea.

That way others class will have to chose between special ammo or tools while gunner will chose ammo+tools

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 11:15:11 am »
I'm pretty sure the reason why gunners don't have tools that change gun stats outside of ammo is for balance. It's so easy to break the balance of guns by even giving them bigger arcs.

If you read the other post regarding gunners, you will see that I am of the minority who think that gunners are perfectly fine and need no buff to make them useful. I say it in the nicest way possible, but there is a huge difference in a good gunner vs an average gunner. And the ammo he takes is a direct extension of what gun is his.

I believe I put a list up in that thread as well showing that all guns can benefit from multiple ammo types besides just the one an engie can bring. The key to remember is that regardless of the role of your gunner, you want him to always be shooting. The gunner role will serve you much better than an engineer in that position.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2013, 04:59:32 pm »
TL:DR
Stop focusing on the hull tanking thing, it's not the problem, the problem is that having multiple ammo types is just not useful enough.

I know, I was explaining to Kinesis why it isn't an issue at all. Had I had a choice, that discussion wouldn't have occurred om the first place.

We have many, many other threads to discuss the problems with gunners anyways.