Author Topic: Love this game... Love being a pilot  (Read 8845 times)

Offline DaninTexas

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
Love this game... Love being a pilot
« on: May 15, 2013, 01:19:31 pm »
Just wanted to drop a line and say this game really is awesome. Not only awesome but extremely unique. Have fun being engineer and gunner - but man do I love being a pilot and commander.

So not only do I want to give thanks to the devs for making this game....

But thank you to all the guys out there who help make this game and the Battleship Texas have a ton of fun.

Look for me and look for the Battleship Texas - Junker class. Salute to past and future crew members and salute to the unfortunate ones who face the end of my guns.

;D

Offline FightBoyVash

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Redstone Rampaga
Re: Love this game... Love being a pilot
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 01:21:23 pm »
:)

Good man! I hope to see more of you!

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 01:23:39 pm »
Awesome to hear you're enjoying yourself as well! :D

I primarily have played Engineer but after some games as captain it has definitely begun to grow on me, my favorite games are the ones where other captains communicate with each other and we pull off coordinated movements and fights.

Hope to see you in game sometime, with or against. Shoot me a message if you ever want to play together, always happy to have more friends.

Offline DaninTexas

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 01:44:25 pm »
Awesome to hear you're enjoying yourself as well! :D

I primarily have played Engineer but after some games as captain it has definitely begun to grow on me, my favorite games are the ones where other captains communicate with each other and we pull off coordinated movements and fights.

Hope to see you in game sometime, with or against. Shoot me a message if you ever want to play together, always happy to have more friends.

With you on that. I LOVE when captains of other ships work together. Had one guy like that - his ship and my ship had not just an 8 game win streak - but I didn't lose my ship in 7 games. He went 6 games I think.

Offline Arthem White

• Salutes: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 02:48:59 pm »
Salute for you my friend!

I started with 3 friends, and I took the pilot role, so (in a rather uncommon way I guess) I also got introduced to GOIO the hard way, piloting from day one. Now our crew is starting to come together and we're winning matches. What a feeling! Certain ships scare the hell out of me (I'm not getting anywhere near a squid again until I am at least rank eight) but when I started to get the hang of handling the goldfish... It felt amazing. I know how you feel!

Being a pilot is pure adrenaline, and I love it. I will try to play PUGs too to get used to the other roles, but in the end I know this is my vocation.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 05:56:45 pm »
Certain ships scare the hell out of me (I'm not getting anywhere near a squid again until I am at least rank eight)

Unfortunately I don't think you can reach rank 8 unless you have piloted a squid. Do not despair it takes some time to get used to the squid, but once you do you can be an absolute terror.

Offline kpenguin

• Salutes: 5
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 08:53:10 pm »
Certain ships scare the hell out of me (I'm not getting anywhere near a squid again until I am at least rank eight)

Unfortunately I don't think you can reach rank 8 unless you have piloted a squid. Do not despair it takes some time to get used to the squid, but once you do you can be an absolute terror.

But until then you're usually in absolute terror of other ships ;)

Offline Arthem White

• Salutes: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 04:38:10 am »
Well yesterday I won my first match piloting a balloon popping squid so... The trauma is over ^^

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 03:10:15 pm »
The icarus bug has bitten another one enjoy the game

Offline Darcain

• Salutes: 0
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 04:18:37 am »
Hope I'll maybe run into ya one day Arthem, I've barely played two days and I'm already making a mean engineer, though I might be a little talkative at times.(Banned from 5 TF2 servers because I talked too much apparently, they said I was spamming the mic.)