Author Topic: The Mobula  (Read 317033 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: The Manta Ray
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2013, 09:36:18 pm »
In defense of how it flies I say Muse adds a form of computer aided flight assist in the form of...Steam Monkeys. Hoards of Monkeys with steam powered brains that are connected to the steering wheel and help the pilot fly ;D

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2013, 10:35:54 pm »
In defense of how it flies I say Muse adds a form of computer aided flight assist in the form of...Steam Monkeys. Hoards of Monkeys with steam powered brains that are connected to the steering wheel and help the pilot fly ;D

In space they also imitate fighter jet sounds, explaining why fighter spacecraft maker jet sounds.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2013, 10:39:12 pm »

In space they also imitate fighter jet sounds, explaining why fighter spacecraft maker jet sounds.

For that purpose, they have highly-developed vocal cords that can produce and transmit sound in a vacuum.

Offline Arthem White

• Salutes: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2013, 02:08:14 am »
It looks so fancy... Almost like a place I would hold a cocktail party in, not use as a battle station.

I'm loving to imagine backstories... It looks to me like a ship designed by demand of a spoiled child princess. I can almost picture the engineers working their asses off to produce a ship without visible balloon so said princess could have a perfect panoramic view, and lay on her back and look at the stars... Then the kingdom falls in disgrace and the design survives in the form of a battleship, like a reminder of lost innocence.

Offline Gato Blanco

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2013, 02:18:18 am »
Either that or some honeybadgering admiral tossed the snooty little pratt off the side and took it for himself.  Dapper as f**k.

Deal with it.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2013, 06:17:09 am »
I love the spoiled prince or princess background. It would explain why the ship looks so fancy and why they would have such an over-engineered design when other ships function better and more easily. Now if I could have anything I would love for the death animation to occasionally be the ship flipping over.

Offline Sonoskay

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2013, 06:32:51 pm »
I love the spoiled prince or princess background. It would explain why the ship looks so fancy and why they would have such an over-engineered design when other ships function better and more easily. Now if I could have anything I would love for the death animation to occasionally be the ship flipping over.
I agree But maybe not all the time... maybe once every 500 deathsor something to that effect. make it a rare treat! yay easter eggs!!

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2013, 12:04:11 pm »

and thats the last tease i'll show, even though this is somewhat an old pic

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2013, 12:10:35 pm »
That's a cushy balloon you have there. It would be a shame if some shotgun rounds found there way in there.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2013, 04:30:59 pm »
So there's our first shot of a tunnel. Still no visible hull or anything, but from the looks of it this is facing towards one of the ladders going up, with the gun fairly close behind the player.

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2013, 03:13:14 am »
Really interesting. I think I want to try sinking five harpoons into a target with that ship. Anyways, hope we get to see more of the Manta Ray soon and maybe even see its release alongside with the mine launcher.

oh man, what if I could harpoon the mines? I'd spend the rest of my time flying in reverse

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2013, 01:01:23 am »
oh man, what if I could harpoon the mines? I'd spend the rest of my time flying in reverse

I can hear it now in qwerty's voice. "Now here we see a metamanta using a basic mine/poon combination."

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2013, 06:28:27 am »
Mine poon!

Offline DeltaForceTwo

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2013, 08:34:14 am »
Hmm, the ship looks awesome and I really like the style... but how 5 guns pointing at the same spot is usefull in any way? I wish we could crew more guys on that ship to shot all the weapons at once... Imagine that... 2 gats and 3 flaks... one ship dead in 3 seconds... sounds balanced

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2013, 08:52:44 am »
Hmm, the ship looks awesome and I really like the style... but how 5 guns pointing at the same spot is usefull in any way? I wish we could crew more guys on that ship to shot all the weapons at once... Imagine that... 2 gats and 3 flaks... one ship dead in 3 seconds... sounds balanced
it could have a slow turning speed