Author Topic: Spire Collection  (Read 20149 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Spire Collection
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 08:11:27 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtHMHhxrig4

Backwhen the Spire was released and everybody was figuring out how to use the damn thing. I was fairly new at the time, and I crewed with Sebi and Spaceman for a few matches and got into this video.

Offline Moriarty

• Salutes: 18
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 09:33:39 am »
I always want to run a spire when i pub, but...

1) You need a good crew; and
2) If you have a good crew you've just sentenced someone to sit on the hull for the whole match (fun)

It always guilt trips me into running a pyra or galleon.

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 10:44:27 am »
The top engi going downstairs is a very bad idea, that's the Caps job. The Captain should always be the second engi (still pilot class). The top engi needs to be constantly shooting that merc and fixing the balloon when absolutely needed.
Uh, what?  No, never.  Captain shoots the merc if it needs to be shot and the engineers can't be there, or better yet flies the ship to a location where both engineers don't have to repair.  He's right next to the helm then.  If the pilot brings a spanner, he can fix the balloon then, too.  If it's so bad you need both engineers downstairs, generally nobody should be on the merc and the pilot needs to be on the helm fixing the situation.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 12:26:09 pm »
@Moriarty
That is why I run pyra or galleon too, every one gets a chance to shoot. Even the Junker squid and goldfish give opportunities for everyone to shoot, but the spire needs that lower deck engie to be fixing or about to fix at all times.

Offline Captain Magellan

• Salutes: 13
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 01:23:17 pm »
When before you could get out of a situation with Hydrogen you can no longer, if you get into a bad situation you either die or your buddy saves you.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 04:29:35 pm »
I've tarred my way out of many many bad situations with a Spire. 

Also I can usually set up situations with both engis shooting on the Spire; on my Squid however hull engi shiukd never even be thinking of shooting a gun.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 08:38:24 am »
@Moriarty
That is why I run pyra or galleon too, every one gets a chance to shoot. Even the Junker squid and goldfish give opportunities for everyone to shoot, but the spire needs that lower deck engie to be fixing or about to fix at all times.
Well when i'm piloting a spire my hull engi gets the opportunity to shoot the lower left gun but once we come under fire he's back on the hull. (Always good to play with friends, even better because crazy stuff can happen only when you play with friends)
i tend to keep my distance and shoot out their balloons (Lumberjack) then go in with some sniping from behind (or wherever the engines are) with a howitzer (or whatever its called)
More of a immobilising thing

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 08:09:30 pm »
Just to let you guys know, ive found some interresting things on the spire in combination with builds and weapons.

Will be making a video of it soon, but now i have studies to take care of. So stay tuned!

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 05:41:33 am »
Spire Collection...hmmm...oh you mean the wall of dead Spire trophies I have? Yeah I used to have more, ran out of space. Gave some of them to Rhaknam my Sky Whale to play with. He just loves useless stuff like that. He likes things that fall apart the moment they get touched. Then he'll spend hours putting them back together. Its so cute! :P

Seriously though, when they fix Hydro you might have some decent evasion capability. But till then, unless you are doing it for achievements...you better have a damn good crew. But even with one, you become an instant target to every CQC pilot in the game.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 03:20:52 pm »
Here is my flimsy attempt at talking about the spire in terms of builds and knowing where the aiming cone is at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if7CCe-PcWg

I get more confident as i go on. So hold on.