Author Topic: Flame stacks  (Read 6067 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
Flame stacks
« on: May 18, 2013, 12:13:19 pm »
If you put greased rounds in a flamethrower will it increase the speed at witch the fire stacks? (Will it put 8 charges on a gun faster)

Offline Moo

• Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Flame stacks
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 12:27:47 pm »
You could test whether it makes the gun fire quicker, by timing how long it takes to empty the gun with and without the greased rounds in a practice game. If it does make it quicker, then presumably yes, the fire would also stack quicker.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 12:31:34 pm »
From my understanding, greased rounds would in fact increase the speed by which fire stacks on components since it increases the particles per second and each particle carries a % probability of adding a fire stack.

This does however come at a significant disadvantage though since the already short range of the flamethrower would be reduced by 20% do to the loss of projectile speed.

Lesmok has often been the favored round for this reason since you effectively get a 60% boost to flame range.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 03:52:13 pm »
On the rare occurrence I take a flamethrower into battle, I ask the gunner who mans it to take lesmok for long range and greased for shot. Likewise if I am asked to man a flamethrower as an engineer I take lesmok unless I trust the captain to get within spitting distance.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 02:24:21 am »
would greased rounds in a flamethrower cause more chance of catching things on fire?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 07:46:58 am »
It effectively would.