Author Topic: pyramidions, pyramidions everywhere  (Read 67136 times)

Offline Serenum

• Salutes: 12
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: pyramidions, pyramidions everywhere
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2013, 03:18:29 pm »
Okay, I do have one complaint with Pyras. They go way too damn fast for a battleship, the fact that they can keep up with a Squid is kinda disturbing. That's all o 3o

Agreed.

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2013, 12:38:40 pm »
No, the Pyri is not too fast, the Squid is too slow.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2013, 02:44:16 pm »

one and the same, my problem is that as a Squid I can't outrun a Pyramidion. That shouldn't be the case.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2013, 02:44:23 pm »

Agreed. The Squid should be like, 2x as fast as it is. Right now, it's trivial to keep a squid in the gun arc for the tiny amount of damage that kills it.

Maybe take the hull down by 1/3, and boost the tri-dimensional speed properties (up, down, for'ard, astern, turning) by 2. Then it becomes a real challenge to pilot (overturning everywhere! Must plan maneuvers ) but in the right hands, wouldn't be around long enough to be shot.

Might completely destroy game balance, but I'd give it a try!

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2013, 02:59:45 pm »

one and the same, my problem is that as a Squid I can't outrun a Pyramidion. That shouldn't be the case.

Not to split hairs, but I'm splitting hairs.  If the Squid and the Pyramidion were the only two ships then it would be one and the same, but there many other ships out there.  I've heard told the Goldfish can actually outrun a Squid (not sure what the specifics are). 

In short, the speeds of all the ships, relative to each other is actually quite balance, I think, except that the Squid is too slow.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2013, 04:44:27 pm »
Without Kerosine I had a hard time keeping up with a galleon in a squid. The squid accelerates much faster, but I think their top speeds are pretty close.

I was in a 2v2 with three inexperienced captains. I was playing mid field annoyance with my squid on a dunes match when I see this enemy galleon flying strait at my ally. I make the intercept at 80 degrees, but want to pull even with the galleon so that I can use my front and side guns on it. Since the galleon was already going its top speed It got a bit of a lead on me as I had to turn post intercept. I put my engines to full but did not gain any ground on it. Only after I kerosined the engines was I able to pull even with it. I don't know if the galleon was on kerosine at the time, but galleons can get up to a pretty impressive top speed of they have enough room to accelerate up to it.

What I am trying to say is that survival in the squid is not about strait line speed, but rather maneuverability and placement.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2013, 05:17:31 pm »

Not to split hairs, but I'm splitting hairs.  If the Squid and the Pyramidion were the only two ships then it would be one and the same, but there many other ships out there.  I've heard told the Goldfish can actually outrun a Squid (not sure what the specifics are). 

In short, the speeds of all the ships, relative to each other is actually quite balance, I think, except that the Squid is too slow.

Okay you do have a point and I agree, it's not the same. You were right to split hairs, so no worries about that c: