Author Topic: Buying the "Guns of Icarus Online Collectors Edition 4-Pack"  (Read 14479 times)

Offline DeltaCat

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Hello guys!

So recently i bought the normal Guns of icarus game. I got hooked to it and so i decided to buy the "Collectors Edition 4-pack" to share with my friends. Since i have the normal game, would i still receive the Collectors edition even if i already have the normal one?
Oh and also i am new to this 4-pack thing. So could someone explain to me how does the pack works? Thanks.  :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:50:12 am by DeltaCat »

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
Re: Buying the "Guns of Icarus Online Collectors Edition 4-Pack"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 10:10:17 am »
Unfortunately, no you can't buy a 4 pack. This is the intended behavior of Steam, for whatever reason.

This is from a different message board that has nothing to do with GoIO but it applies.

Quote from: keith.lamothe
Hello guys!

Sorry, we've asked Valve about this before (and I've run into it personally when trying to buy 4-packs of other games) but they replied that it is intentional that you cannot buy a multi-pack if you already own the game.  You could have one of the friends you intend to give it to buy the 4-pack and pay them back, but that's all I can offer in the way of advice

http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php?topic=11376.0

Offline teweedo

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 09:04:58 am »
Why couldn't you buy it? I have it accessible from the shop, weird

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 02:03:58 am »
I think part of the reason is because muse designed the pack to be purchased by one who didn't have it and then 3 gift copies to go to friends. Now if you don't have CE you can buy the pack and your copy will be upgraded. What muse needs to add is a pack designed for gifting and just plain copies. Get rid of the one CE copy in the pack. I've gifted it enough to where I wish the pack would work. Course I can't seem to get people to stay so I've stopped gifting. :(

It is unfortunate. Most left cause of guns being unstable on their systems or they chose they didn't want to invest time into it to get good when there are games they can accomplish the same faster. Not because they didn't like guns.

Offline Jiggle Billy

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 02:28:17 am »
As stated above, sadly you can't. The 4-pack includes 1 copy that goes right to your inventory, and 3 other copies go to your inventory as giftable. Sort of Valve's way of preventing folks from stocking up on sales like this and selling off/trading off or what have you with the games.

I worked around it, though. First, create a mule account for yourself on steam, verify the email and sign up for the community. Then, get a hold of a friends Steam account, send a friend request to your mule account, and buy the 4-pack on it (You'll have an option to opt out saving your credit card, in case you have snakey friends). That account will get a copy in it's game library, and the 3 gift copies that go into the inventory can be sent to your mule account after accepting the friend request on the mule from your friend's account.

From there, go ahead and distribute the games, just have your buddies add the mule account as a friend, as for whatever reason I couldn't make friend requests on the mule account without buying a game on it.

Hope this helps, bud. I bought two 4-packs for GoIO by doing this. Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:53:43 am by Jiggle Billy »

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 05:03:34 am »
Bringing this thread back from the dead just to confirm that this is still the case? Any of you folks know of any changes?

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 08:17:13 am »
Yeah, it would be nice if there was a non CE 4 pack. One that can be gifted by people who already own it.

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 12:31:29 pm »
Can I get the four pack gifted if somebody buys it for me?

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 09:50:34 pm »
Well see the thing is, if someone else buys it, they then own a CE copy and get 3 copies to gift around. So its not really 4 copies to gift. Which is the problem.

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 02:53:54 am »
That's what happens if you buy it for yourself. You keep one and have three other keys give away. what if they buy me the four pack as a gift? You should get four spare keys, right?

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 04:04:15 am »
Nope. I've tried every time and I contacted Muse about it. Muse said it was a problem on Valve's end but I think it is a problem of the 4 pack being actually a 3 pack with 1 copy being a CE version.