Author Topic: Parties  (Read 5398 times)

Offline Elizabeth Starr

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Parties
« on: May 16, 2013, 11:33:43 pm »
Hey all, got this game a few days ago, and am loving it so far.

One thing that I think needs to be implemented is a party system, where you can party up with your friends and all drop into the same game, whether through the lobby or the Quick Match feature. The reason I say this is, I have several friends who play this game, and we play nightly. But it can sometimes be hard to find a game, as either the game is too full, or it's way too empty and will take an hour to start, or there's not enough empty slots on a ship to have my friends playing on the same ship. So it took a lot of doing to actually get us all into a game on the same ship.

Now, I don't know if this is feasible, but I really think some sort of party system would dramatically improve the game for groups of friends who decide, hey, let's play a game of GoIO.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Parties
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 11:46:45 pm »
This is coming in the next patch.

Offline Elizabeth Starr

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 12:00:07 am »
Oh, awesome! EDIT: My teammates and I are presently 'oooh'ing and 'ahhh'ing over this piece of info. No exaggeration.

Another thing I forgot to mention was the chat window. It would be really nice to filter out incoming messages by global, team, crew, or party.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:06:39 am by Elizabeth Starr »

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 07:10:29 am »
I know Muse is aware the chat needs some touch ups, especially now with the larger community. I think someone said they are working on that too but don't quote me on that, hopefully someone else can come confirm.

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 09:21:12 am »
well i hope they add all sorts of supplies for this new system :P

Offline Nadrynne

• Salutes: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 11:54:54 am »
I heard they are ditching the new mine-gun thing in the next patch and are instead going to add a big party popper and some disco lights that take up a light gun slot, and a giant disco ball that takes up a heavy gun slot. And maybe some giant speakers too.