Author Topic: "Roleplay Ready"  (Read 4956 times)

Offline Gato Blanco

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
"Roleplay Ready"
« on: May 16, 2013, 12:33:40 pm »
Whenever I play captain, or even gungineer, I really get into it.  Using words like "dive", "rise", "Port", "starboard", "ahead two", really helps me get ito the mood, and I like it when others do that too.  I much prefer playig with people who use nautical terms than those that say "Right, left," and I was a bit upset a few weeks ago when a pug player scolded me for using the proper nautical terms.  Is there any way to show that people are interested in roleplay?

Being "Roleplay Ready" could be a simple system activated i the options menu, that shows up at the end of your name in the score or pre match menu.  It could be an image of a plume quill for light RP (Simply using nautical terms), a plume quill with a circle around it for heavy RP (playing as a person living in the Age of Air), and a plume quill with a dotted circle around it for heavy or light RP (Fine with either).

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: "Roleplay Ready"
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 12:38:40 pm »
Until this is implemented I'd recommend flying with another crew mate who likes to rp. If you guys start winning while constantly rping, chances are everyone else aboard will go along with it.

Offline Redorio diVario

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 12:46:49 pm »
Whenever I play captain, or even gungineer, I really get into it.  Using words like "dive", "rise", "Port", "starboard", "ahead two", really helps me get ito the mood, and I like it when others do that too.  I much prefer playig with people who use nautical terms than those that say "Right, left," and I was a bit upset a few weeks ago when a pug player scolded me for using the proper nautical terms.  Is there any way to show that people are interested in roleplay?
If You are a native English speaker then fine. But imagine the horror for people who had to learn it and may not be familiar with those nautical terms. I think I'm quite good at English but still I would probably find it a bit confusing not to mention people who still learn to speak it x.X

Offline Gato Blanco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 12:57:10 pm »
If You are a native English speaker then fine. But imagine the horror for people who had to learn it and may not be familiar with those nautical terms. I think I'm quite good at English but still I would probably find it a bit confusing not to mention people who still learn to speak it x.X
Well I wouldnt mind learning the french, danish or russian nautical terms.  Theres a thread over in World about in terms and jargon, why dont you post over there?