Author Topic: Just communication.  (Read 14636 times)

Offline Claxus

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Just communication.
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 10:03:26 pm »
That would be me, yes. It's a (pleasant) suprise to be recognised!
Nice, just curious. The AC community's pretty tiny. Cool to see another fan of that series also playing this game (and also relatively new, at that).

I'm just going to say that I have a real hard time keeping an eye on the voice chat.  generally I'm too preoccupied with not hitting that cliff or putting out fires or watching my aim to pay it any mind until we're waiting to respawn - and I suddenly realize there were messages.
if crew chat - the entire message - were bolded or a different color, that'd probably catch my eye a little better.
if a crew mate uses the preset commands though, I'm good.  :)
That's what I'm concerned about. It's a medium of communication in this game that is pushed into a little corner. The text doesn't stand out too much, so you don't notice it unless you get accustomed to checking it constantly. It'd be nice if the text was a little larger, or stood out more, but more importantly, I would really like to see audio cues for messages sent by your team and crew, something that simple would make a big difference.

Offline obliviondoll

• Salutes: 26
    • [BSky]
    • View Profile
    • obliviondoll's blog (barely-maintained)
Re: Just communication.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 02:37:50 pm »
I just typed up an idea which might help captains who use the voice presets in another thread, and also came up with a genius idea for improving text chat within the crew.

Here's the suggestion for using W when on the helm to issue orders to specific crew memebers: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4418.msg74997.html#msg74997

And my other idea is a pretty simple one that might improve text-based communication within a crew.

"Check your notes!" - rework the chat window so it looks like a notepad, and when someone posts a crew message, have a voice-over telling you to take a look. It would only apply to messages in the [crew] channel, and only while you're in a battle, obviously. But I think it would be a simple and elegant solution to the problem.