Author Topic: The Jimmy Tool V2 (crowbar)  (Read 5170 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
The Jimmy Tool V2 (crowbar)
« on: May 23, 2014, 08:44:13 pm »
I made a post a while ago suggesting a crowbar tool that would make guns reload faster and would be equipped in a gunner slot. Digging it back up, but basing it on something thing awkm said about instant repair tools, I thought of a new use for the Jimmy Bar.

New use: pinch repair tool. Engineer tool.

What does it do? Faster rebuild than the Spanner. Slightly less repair ability than the mallet. OP? Yes. However, it adds 2-4 stacks of fire for every repair, due to using it to 'jimmy' everything back into place just to make it work. Fixing things in a pinch.

I would rather have some mechanic like 'part breaks x seconds after use' or some such, but fire is available.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
Re: The Jimmy Tool V2 (crowbar)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 08:33:59 am »
Sounds cool, but I don't quite get it. If this is a rebuild tool how is it going to add stacks to a broken component?

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 11:37:36 am »
Sounds interresting. Could make for an extinguisher combo. Or chem.

What about minimum max health back after rebuild? Uh, you know when you rebuild a component, a certain ammount of health comes back, this tool minimizes that health back a bit. That is to make Crowbar Mallet not too good of a combination.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 12:53:11 pm »
The fire was just because it would require a lot of extra work for a mechanic that re-broke the part after X seconds. You are not really fixing it, just holding the parts in place for a bit to get it to work for a short while. There would be shorted wires and fuel and oils spilling out and catching fire.

On the other hand, the tool could be a rebuild only tool that rebuilds faster than the Spanner, and restores 80% or something of a mallet hit HP to a component instantly, but has no repair power. It could only be used after something broke. Give it a cooldown close to the pipe wrench. This option would make it the go-to gunner tool facing disable builds, but still not as valuable as a Pipe Wrench facing Armor/Hull breakers. Pilots would also have a second option for helping fix things in a pinch. Engineers could take it in place of a Spanner for quick rebuilds and use Mallet for strong repair, but they would have to rely on Mallet for light maintenance. We all know how many times we have reprimanded an engineer for using a mallet on minor repairs. and this tool would be useless for engine maintenance during burns.

I rather like the second option (with testing and tweaks). It makes it a good option for emergency component rebuilds, but risky against progressive damage.

ToolRebuild   Repair (HP)   Cooldown (seconds)   Rebuild Instant repair (HP)
Jimmy Bar604-6?1/3 + 200HP?
Spanner54021/3
Pipe Wrench   412051/3
Mallet225091/3