Author Topic: Remove Stacking Achievements  (Read 6219 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Remove Stacking Achievements
« on: November 11, 2013, 07:20:36 pm »
High level, highly regarded player in voicechat- "Everyone vote [map withheld]"

map gets voted

"Join red. This match needs to be stacked. I am going for an achievement." -same player, suddenly not so highly regarded.

Muse, we have a problem. Any achievement that turns generally good guys into groinal appendages needs to be tied to a mine and cast off the ship. Treating other players like offal just to get a meaningless number and fluffy bit of virtual swag is simply wrong. Achievements should only reward skill and honor.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Stacking Achievements
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:37:45 pm »
Which achievement was it for? I'm guessing it was one of the level achievements which require a certain level to complete it and requires you to have competent allies but dumb enemies. Yeah, I complained about those a lot and got many of them changed. The flip side argument is the community should grow enough where everyone will be the same level to do it. But reality is what you just experienced, long time players purposely stacking teams to farm the achievement.

If it makes you feel better, I'm setting up a stacking farm event for one of them but we're going to do it on private match.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 08:46:59 pm »
I don't know the achievement, as I don't actively pursue them and sort of tune out when people start talking about them. Was likely a "have x more kills than deaths on x map" ones. Pilot level 9 or 10 or higher, I think.

I did see your thread earlier today, which is what reminded me of this issue. I give you creds for going to such lengths to get this type of chieve without resorting to pubstomping. Free commendations to you next we meet in the skies.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:47:08 am »
Oh pub stomping happens anyways but its just unintentional. I don't go out of my way to request other teams be weaker just to do an achievement.

I'm actually more merciless on allies who try to mess me up when I'm working on one or another. Specially when it is one of the high level ones which are pains in the butt to do. Had a few with nasty attitudes do that. Moral of the story...never give lip to a Munker captain when they are the only ship equipped with team killing ability.

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 09:01:08 am »
Yea unfortunately because of the way levels are attained you do occasionally run into players cheesing and boosting to get certain achievements. The best thing you can do at that point is leave that certain game since it is currently not against the rules to do such. It really is rather silly in my opinion that people put so much importance on levels when pretty much the whole of the community agrees that player level is no indication of skill simply because in theory you can just get a bunch of plebs in a private lobby and grind achievements to 15 without developing any skills towards gameplay whatsoever. Maybe one day we'll see a new leveling system instead based on matches played/won where players of higher levels are undeniably much higher in experience and skill.   

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 12:29:48 pm »
I tend to do those achievments in competitive matches lol ( got almost entire way from engineer 10 to engineer 11 in competitive matches).

I even got Only a Scratch (engineering victory 12) during The Sunday Rumble 12 XD
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:33:56 pm by Mattilald Anguisad »

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 11:47:27 pm »
I havent gotten an achievement from one set of achievement until lvl 8 pilot.
I mean in all seriousness, the achievements are flawed and break the game for other players. A crew member asking me to switch ships to a Pyra for an achievement. Hell no, im sticking with my Spire.
Then he left.

Really not supporting any real gameplay.