Author Topic: Ship Setup  (Read 5328 times)

Offline StonedLover

• Salutes: 0
    • [iIG]
    • View Profile
Ship Setup
« on: October 12, 2013, 03:08:17 pm »
It would be fine when u would be able to switch the Ship Settings while a match => A B C
Would be fine :)

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Setup
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 03:19:06 pm »
You have ship presets wich you can switch around in the lobby.

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 03:28:57 pm »
It would be fine when u would be able to switch the Ship Settings while a match => A B C
Would be fine :)

If I understand this, you'd like the option to switch the Ship's weapon loadout during a match. It this correct?

If so, I'd personally vote strongly against this idea. The lobby is where my opponents have a chance to see my ship, determine their best way of reacting to it, and plan their approaches based on my team's composition. I think allowing players to switch to drastically differing ship builds mid-game not only hurts gunners and engineers (who suddenly may not have the ammo types they'd require), but also makes the game a game of ship counters, where every time you die you switch to what your opponent is weakest against.

I much prefer that you can see your opponents loadout in the lobby, attempt to determine their strategy, and then watch them flying in the game itself to figure out the weaknesses and strengths of that particular crew's playstyle. The option to change up ship loadouts mid-game would remove this ability to a large extent.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 03:43:31 pm »
Yeah, pretty much what Djinn said. The game would suddenly be all about who switches their loadouts in the cleverest way, and general matches would be essentially unplayable.