Author Topic: Icarus API for developers  (Read 4603 times)

Offline General cusell

• Salutes: 0
    • [SIR]
    • View Profile
Icarus API for developers
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:59:04 pm »
Hey, I was on Dev Fireside Chat 9/13/2013 and asked about releasing an API for developers:

I've seen a lack of community sites and external involvement appart from the forums. Have you/would you consider giving an API to access players profiles or current matches info so people can build external utility sites? Imagine a site to see what current games are on, see your achievements progress without the need to be on steam/icarus. It would help the game grow! And... I'd love to develop some cool stuff!

If that's going to be a reality, even if not release totally publicly, could you inform at least on this "experimental crew" group? If not, is there a way for me to test it? I have in mind something big, even some prototypes that definitely require access to such info.

In case my proposal is not clear:
- As an external developer, I would like to have acess to a public API to access info that is now in-game restricted, such as: getPlayerEngineeringLevel("Keyvias"), getPlayerClanTag("KeyVias"). JSON would be very much appreciated.

Maybe you can consider the possibility of giving me the chance to talk with a GameDev and explain privately what my idea/project is to make sure it doesn't conflict Guns of Icarus interests? It would be basically a community site that adds value (not just another forum, there's the official one for it already).

TL;DR: Can I has API to access player and matches info? Building potential cool site.

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Icarus API for developers
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 06:10:07 am »
Hey Cusell,
Draft your idea, what you'd need and what you're planning and send it into feedback@musegames.com  I'll make sure we find a way to organize it and get you the information if possible.
This sounds awesome so I'm excited to see your idea fully realized.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Icarus API for developers
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 11:12:22 am »
I'd love to have some way to dynamically pull player levels. I have a members list and a roster section on the MM site that would look so much cooler if I could display levels along with names.