Author Topic: Junker relook  (Read 7496 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Junker relook
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:13:01 am »
Ya know I like a lot of the changes, I do. But the amount of dmg the junker is soaking seems really high. I've had dual and triple gat fire situations and the armor just isn't dropping like it should. Great example is in the last weekend matches. You can see at times junkers being targeted by 2 or 3 gats plus flak fire and the armor appears to just not be going down. Not even the Galleon can withstand heavy fire like that and keep it's armor up as easily. Maybe there was something off with the stream but I can attest that it just was taking far too long to bring them down and that what is being seen is accurate.

You could say yeah, good engineer but with the sustained fire it just doesn't add up. It shouldn't have been possible with the cooldowns.

Not saying outright nerf it into the ground, just a relook if there might be something off.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Junker relook
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:09:57 am »
I bet half those gatling shots were missing because of the very slim profile of the junker's hull, giving it the appearance that it's soaking up so much damage. And granted, it really needs to soak it up because you pretty much have a 90% chance of dieing once your hull armor breaks on a junker.

The galleon's armor is stronger, but obviously a much easier target so it just eats up the shots and goes down. While going up/down in a galleon will just spoil your gun arcs, you can dodge shots pretty easy in a junker.

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:20:17 am »
I have to agree with Zill here. We (TehPao) had no problem dropping Zwaene's armor.(we just had other issues like my crap piloting) I mean the junker is meant to be tanky and with a good crew on one it's supposed to be an absolute bitch to take down. I truly don't see a problem with it, I absolutely love the ship and if we didn't have to think about murdering snipers we would probably be running Pyra Junker.

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 11:45:18 am »
Another thing to factor is whether the hull is buffed or not, which makes a lot of difference on the Junker.  As a primarily Junker pilot, I find Junkers to just about right.  Wish they were faster, but that would make them unbalanced.  If they were easier to kill, then they would become a lot less useful.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 01:05:26 pm »
As others have said, it's probably the realy slim hull the Junker sports, well, it realy is just that tbh, most gatling fire will miss it if you are not firing from an optimal angle, that being from slightly above or slightly bellow and that it also sports a bulky armor, yet it's still a massive Hwacha target (A single volley will probably disable anything you have on it, unlike other ships where you can save at least half your components) and is pretty slow as well, but like most ships, with a good crew it can be absolutely awesome.

Offline Stuboi

• Salutes: 0
    • [CoR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 04:25:03 pm »
The great thing about piloting a Junker is that you are able to be flexible in many situations. It is frustrating when you have an incompetent crew on the Junker and once you're hull armour is down you might as well go stick on the kettle whilst you wait to respawn.

Overall the Junker is fine. It's advantage is that is has many opportunities to lay down it's fire power at many angles and has a small hull making it hard to hit. Though line it up close with a Pyramidion, Spire or Galleon, then it can not soak up the fire power, which is a little frustrating. Since it only takes 3-4 hits from a small flak and 1 (maybe 2) hits from a heavy flak to finish the ship off.

Although it has one of the stronger hulls out of all the ships, having the weakest durability and has nothing special in its manoeuvrability, speed and ascending abilities, makes it difficult to fall in love with the junker. I myself love flying it, but I really want to be able to engage an opponent without worrying too much about toes being trodden on. I feel the ship is a "give and take" design, but there perhaps a little too much take.

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 05:25:57 pm »
@ Gilder I rewatched your game against Polaris, as I think that is the one you were referring to, and there are actually alot of missed gat shots. Yeah you guys had double gats on them but it looked like you weren't getting even a full clip into them. Same went for when Polaris was shooting at the .... errrrrmmm harikari?? furryfury?? XD

I know we missed plenty of shots because of that slim line hull, but lets be honest, it needs a hull that small with a lumberjack bait balloon like that.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 05:56:00 pm »
Well I've seen it outside of that too in pubs and I do see the gat fire registering on the hull but it gets to a point at times where you can't let the flak remain silent till the armor goes down. Without a good crew it'll go down quicker for sure. Watching the vid back just really pronounced things when I saw in one moment we had shots hitting it and the armor not reacting at all. Brick's angle from a junker might have been a problem. Also the Europe lag that was happening could have caused his gunner aims to be off. My crew wasn't having issues but he was quite a bit. I know other Euro players were citing similar that day.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 02:17:58 am »
The Junker's best attribute is its durability against gattling guns, this helps offset its weakness that it has against pretty much all the disabling weapons due to its tightly packed components and large balloon.

Those tightly packed components are actually the reason however why it is as good as it is against gattling.  Besides the slender hit box, the Junker guns will frequently block chaingun hits.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 02:36:57 am »
Ahh that may explain it if they were hitting gun mounts instead.