Author Topic: AI nerf  (Read 19763 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: AI nerf
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 09:14:47 am »
Randomized ammo for AI. Cept Loch. Course then it might use one you don't want at the wrong time. But then again, it might use one you do.

greased, lesmok, charged.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 09:17:55 am »
Something I'd like is that if there is a full clip of special ammo for the AI not to automatically reload it. Often if I'm on, say, a galleon I like to load the guns to be ready the second I need them. Then someone drops, the AI spawn in, reload any gun they get to and walk off, knowing smugly they have miffed me (especially with the hwatcha, I swear to ancestors the AI zero in on them). While I like the idea they reload in the first place, if it already has a full clip then it's just annoying. At least at a person I can threaten to throw them overboard for switching my ammo.

I actually agree with this, AI should not change ammo (without reload times) if the gun os already loaded.
Though this may be a bug, if I get time I'll try and get this confirmed and reported as a bug..

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 09:24:57 am »
Something I'd like is that if there is a full clip of special ammo for the AI not to automatically reload it. Often if I'm on, say, a galleon I like to load the guns to be ready the second I need them. Then someone drops, the AI spawn in, reload any gun they get to and walk off, knowing smugly they have miffed me (especially with the hwatcha, I swear to ancestors the AI zero in on them). While I like the idea they reload in the first place, if it already has a full clip then it's just annoying. At least at a person I can threaten to throw them overboard for switching my ammo.

I actually agree with this, AI should not change ammo (without reload times) if the gun os already loaded.
Though this may be a bug, if I get time I'll try and get this confirmed and reported as a bug..

Maybe a bug? Are yoou implying muse put that on intentionally? Because guess what they didn't do this before. They instead used up the ammo when they got arc to shoot. Annoying but at least the ammo was used.And knowing AI, it hit.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 09:27:53 am »
Not implying its not a bug, just unable to confirm they are not able to.use up ammo until I get into game and test it, but it certainly.appears that they're not emptying the clip first, but instead sitting on the gun - not shooting - ammo changed.
It is if they're actually reloading or not which may be the bug, if they're reloading, its not a bug, if they're not physically reloading the ammo, its a bug.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 09:34:09 am »
Not implying its not a bug, just unable to confirm they are not able to.use up ammo until I get into game and test it, but it certainly.appears that they're not emptying the clip first, but instead sitting on the gun - not shooting - ammo changed.
It is if they're actually reloading or not which may be the bug, if they're reloading, its not a bug, if they're not physically reloading the ammo, its a bug.

AI don't hold the ammo the player has. so upon reload it goes to default. Of course it wouldnt load the ammo it doesnt have.

point is they don't SHOOT the ammo first.

I swear you don't use logic Kamo. Its a bug with a fairly specific condition (it occurs mainly on as you were, with enemy in arc but not in gun range but within AI's aggro range) but it does have a high repro rate.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 09:48:43 am »

AI don't hold the ammo the player has. so upon reload it goes to default. Of course it wouldnt load the ammo it doesnt have.

I swear you don't use logic Kamo. Its a bug with a fairly specific condition (it occurs mainly on as you were, with enemy in arc but not in gun range but within AI's aggro range) but it does have a high repro rate.

I think you are misreading something I said because what you said basically confirms what I said, in different conditions.

For example, crew loads greased to Gatling, runs to balloon to buff balloon, AI jumps onto Gatling, no enemy in agro range nor arc, crew confirms AI changed gun to heavy ammo.

I don't know if the reload animation happened or not.

Artemis, same thing except ammo changes from burst to default.

What I'm saying is I want to do a controlled test to if the ammo change to heavy/default/anyotherammoAImayuse is instant or not.

By controlled test I also mean recorded...

What you're saying is my logic is dumb because you're saying a similar thing?

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 09:50:17 am »

I think you are misreading something I said because what you said basically confirms what I said, in different conditions.

For example, crew loads greased to Gatling, runs to balloon to buff balloon, AI jumps onto Gatling, no enemy in agro range nor arc, crew confirms AI changed gun to heavy ammo.

I don't know if the reload animation happened or not.

Artemis, same thing except ammo changes from burst to default.

What I'm saying is I want to do a controlled test to if the ammo change to heavy/default/anyotherammoAImayuse is instant or not.

By controlled test I also mean recorded...

What you're saying is my logic is dumb because you're saying a similar thing?

AI don't have special ammo. The hell did that AI get the heavy from when AI NEVER load anything but default?

Logic by nature comes from a chain of previous thoughts and observations.

Your mentioning of AI loading special ammo is out of nowhere.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:52:32 am by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 09:53:52 am »
AI load and shoot heavy on Gatling gun pre-1.4.0
I remember testing that on practice and in game.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 09:54:47 am »
AI does load special ammo. I can confirm that. They seem to have a preference for heavy ammo.

While testing the minotaur gun spire build on practice mode, I've noticed that the AI puts heavy ammo to the minotaur. That was two -days ago.

So, yea, AI will load ammos into guns.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 09:57:03 am »

If that were true I'd be hearing that heavy. I'd be seeing the bullets fly straighter.

I have not seen that. Guess I'll test it later when this games makes me less depressed on how bad its gotten for balance. I want my repair cycles back dammit.

But yes you wrote on your post that AI would reload the ammo that was already in it b4. It doesn't have that ammo so why would it? So not misreading on my part. Its you miswriting.

Mentioning of heavy being loaded randomly came up on your post after.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:59:52 am by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 10:05:17 am »

If that were true I'd be hearing that heavy. I'd be seeing the bullets fly straighter.

I have not seen that. Guess I'll test it later when this games makes me less depressed on how bad its gotten for balance. I want my repair cycles back dammit.

But yes you wrote on your post that AI would reload the ammo that was already in it b4. It doesn't have that ammo so why would it? So not misreading on my part. Its you miswriting.

Mentioning of heavy being loaded randomly came up on your post after.

I didn't say that at all...

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 12:49:19 pm »

I doubt you would since it is hard enough to tell from the animation itself, but also since AI tends to not consider ship movement, which means shots are going into all directions.
But AI loading special ammo types is also pretty uncommon since they always run from component to component and never stay on the same gun long enough, at least as far as I can tell.
When I set AI to attack, it shoots instantly and doesn't care about ammo types, at least when the enemy is nearby, dunno about what they do when the enemy is not right there.

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 04:15:10 pm »
I think there is a lot of back and forth going on about it, so let me clarify my complaint. It's not that the AI loads ammo. It's the fact that its a full clip already and doesn't need to be reloaded in the first place. So it doesn't matter what the AI loads into it, it's that if a player loads ammo they want to be ready when they shoot it, they shouldn't have to worry that the AI is going to run over there and reload an already full clip on them.

I mean, I obviously don't expect a human engi to have all the same ammo I do if there are multiple guns on the ship, so I don't mind if after all the shooting it's different ammo type. What annoys me is that there are no enemy, no shooting, and therefor no reason to change my preloaded ammo to begin with (I've thrown people overboard for touching my guns in such a terrible way). The difference is that usually after I tell a human engi 'hey, please don't change my ammo if it's full' they listen. I've tried with AI (and they are terrible at conversation. I end up talking to myself and get glanced at by the remaining crew. Thankfully they don't argue, being I'm the one at the gun).

I wouldn't know if its a bug or not (I have very little knowledge of coding, I'd have to ask Alistair since he used to do that for a living. It feels like a bug, but I wouldn't know), but honestly it doesn't matter. It's simply an annoying and sometimes hampering happenstance, especially if you are a gunner with a lot of different guns that require different ammo to be ready at a moments notice.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 04:18:39 pm by Sarabelle Marlowe »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 04:26:36 pm »
I think there is a lot of back and forth going on about it, so let me clarify my complaint. It's not that the AI loads ammo. It's the fact that its a full clip already and doesn't need to be reloaded in the first place. So it doesn't matter what the AI loads into it, it's that if a player loads ammo they want to be ready when they shoot it, they shouldn't have to worry that the AI is going to run over there and reload an already full clip on them.

AI gunners do load ammo in some guns. The next time they automatically reload they will load charged in hwatcha and heavy clip in gat.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 04:55:11 pm »
AI gunners do load ammo in some guns. The next time they automatically reload they will load charged in hwatcha and heavy clip in gat.

Charged on hwacha, heavy on gats, light and heavy carronade. That's about it.

Also the AI does load the gun physically, he doesn't just make it appear in the gun. They wont reload special ammos and or normal ammos into their preferred stuff if the enemy is already in range and arc, but will do so otherwise.