Author Topic: Freebies on streams  (Read 6091 times)

Offline NallyNally

• Salutes: 1
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Freebies on streams
« on: June 25, 2014, 07:36:27 pm »
So, you guys probably already know that most of the streams are watched by people who are already in the static playerbase when they're off tournaments and all that. Much like the Dev games give a free item to each member of a winning team, I just wondered if the casters could get a couple codes per stream to attract new viewers.

It could be a "Fastest typer wins" thing, where the streamer just says which item they're giving and whoever's interested gets to try their luck.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: Freebies on streams
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 08:11:14 pm »
I reckon that sort of stuff is probably up to the tournament organizers talking to Keyvias.

Offline NallyNally

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 09:14:57 pm »
Yeah, I guess it is. I was curious about what the devs and the casters think about it.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 09:53:52 pm »
Yeah, I guess it is. I was curious about what the devs and the casters think about it.
I think that, as a caster, I already have enough things to worry about during a stream to deal with also giving out costume codes. If someone else wanted to do it while the stream was going on, that'd be fine.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 04:43:10 am »
"Hey everyone its contest time!"
"The 11th caller to phone in the correct answer to the question,"What Powder Monkeys are good for." Gets a special limited edition book of Keyvias! In a variety of sexually explicit positions."

Competitive online gaming would never be the same again...

Offline NallyNally

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 07:23:02 am »
@Imagine: If I were to cast, I'd put it in a lobby pause. Those are long and there's generally not much going on. Of course, having to flash a code on screen is definetly a nuisance.

@Gilder: Most definetly, a risque photobook featuring Keyvias would only change gaming for the extremely better. Jokes aside, most casters already do it in bigger games. I remember one instance of some alcohol-based gaming channel handing out exclusive skins in League of Legends. Remember, people love free stuff.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 10:14:34 pm »
Thats it, next Aerodrome, I'm insisting Muse make a Squid Girl outfit so it can be given out over the stream :D

Awkm: */facepalms*