Author Topic: Big game hunting  (Read 5189 times)

Offline Ghauldin

• Salutes: 0
    • [GEEK]
    • View Profile
Big game hunting
« on: May 18, 2014, 02:10:37 pm »
I think it is an obvious next step to introduce AI opponents in form of flying monsters/animals (or skywhales). Sorry in advance if this idea was brought up/shot down before.

Offline Nidh

• Salutes: 16
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Big game hunting
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 02:14:27 pm »
AI opponents are on the way in co-op mode, as well as boss ships. Animals on the other hand are just a myth... so far as we know...

Offline Deltajugg

• Salutes: 16
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 06:12:48 pm »
Animals on the other hand are just a myth... so far as we know...

Ekhem, ekhem...

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 04:24:53 am »
I think it is an obvious next step to introduce AI opponents in form of flying monsters/animals (or skywhales). Sorry in advance if this idea was brought up/shot down before.
PvE battles are well on their way (as Nidh mentioned) in Co-op and adventure mode. Skywhales have been constantly floating around in GoIO mythology but we do not know if they will ever become a reality.

Thank you for digging out that picture, Delta. It is compelling but that picture is sadly quite old now. Could it be that Musegames put that in the background on purpose to trick us? :P
Only time will tell.....

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 05:24:56 pm »
Well I would imagine that animals would go well with Co- Op mode (special Chaladonian science can control animals :P) maybe large birds that zerg you, or perhaps a skywhale that can smack you around with its fins, and then damage your guns/engines with its blowhole. Also maybe a reward for doing well in Co-Op mode could be a ship theme that shows all of the animals you have hunted being displayed on your ships

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 09:01:56 pm »
Im mostly in for HUUGE fights where you are up against a ship that is 10x the size of a galleon in co-op.
Like, flying around, disabling one engine component, then another, it has guns on all sides, and bunch of baloons. And more guns.
Bone fish is aprox 2x, or 3x of a galleon. Would love for a titanic sized boss fight.
To me thats enough of a big game hunt :P