Author Topic: Dealing with Salt  (Read 14936 times)

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with Salt
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 01:27:31 pm »
So after getting so far, I just took a thorough beating from two quad hwacha galleons playing a disable squid. I guess my mind wasn't in the game at all, because we were insta-disabled, insta-stripped and insta-killed. 

I can take a loss, but I am not used to losing that hard and I got mad enough that I had to drop the game and play something else.

It appears the salt comes in larger doses when I take pilot, because it makes me feel solely responsible for the loss. Losing harcore as crewmember makes me feel like there was less I could've done better on. The winners were good sports, and I was as well, but I had to DC as soon as the requisite gg's were sent, as I was so fuming that I didn't want to sour their victory by having a tantrum in the chat.

Worst part is, I know I can play much better than I did; especially as I had been playing poorly in every match prior to it. It's entirely discouraging and will probably keep me out of the game for a few days. Damn.

Thanks anyway for the responses to this thread, but I guess I got work to do still.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with Salt
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 10:51:49 am »
So after getting so far, I just took a thorough beating from two quad hwacha galleons playing a disable squid. I guess my mind wasn't in the game at all, because we were insta-disabled, insta-stripped and insta-killed. 

I can take a loss, but I am not used to losing that hard and I got mad enough that I had to drop the game and play something else.

It appears the salt comes in larger doses when I take pilot, because it makes me feel solely responsible for the loss. Losing harcore as crewmember makes me feel like there was less I could've done better on. The winners were good sports, and I was as well, but I had to DC as soon as the requisite gg's were sent, as I was so fuming that I didn't want to sour their victory by having a tantrum in the chat.

Worst part is, I know I can play much better than I did; especially as I had been playing poorly in every match prior to it. It's entirely discouraging and will probably keep me out of the game for a few days. Damn.

Thanks anyway for the responses to this thread, but I guess I got work to do still.

Literally everyone does, man, it'll come.