Author Topic: Canyon Ambush Map Size  (Read 12554 times)

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: Canyon Ambush Map Size
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 06:21:32 am »
Gilder you're giving "knee-jerk" Howard and "I dont give a s%$t" Eric too much credit. These are people who thought removing spawns for duel at dawn was a good idea.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 06:39:50 am »
Gilder you're giving "knee-jerk" Howard and "I dont give a s%$t" Eric too much credit. These are people who thought removing spawns for duel at dawn was a good idea.

I don't really miss the days of random spawn Duel. 9/10 you'd randomly spawn in either the farthest possible spot or right in the middle of a fight. Though the selectable spawns didn't really do much other than give teams the ability to instantly turn tables too easily. It needed work but it felt like they gave up fixing it.

Yeah, I'd like to think Blue spawn advantages were all coincidence but literally every map has some form of advantage to blue. So much that we debated Blue or Red for the match spawns for Aero3 in one of the event meetings a month or so back. Ultimately set Trader contracts to blue to give the cargo carrier a chance to evade some of the focus fire because many of the blue spawn advantages were defensive in nature.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 07:04:39 am »
I never really thought about it, but now that I think back with Hydra and the Gents we always got excited about blue spawn.