Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 439937 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #420 on: August 02, 2015, 03:29:36 pm »
Armory

"Did the sunburnt midget just give us an order?"

"It might have been a request, but I've got no idea who he is."

"And I'm definitely not touching those things."

"Agreed. They look like they could fly apart any second."

To the Market

After the conversation with Jasper, Alister wentnin town tonbuy som things. Specifically clothes. As he was by, he sees two women leading a man in a meandering way. Well the one in the lead seems to be directing the other two. The man looks familiar. Glancing down, Alister notices he has a prothstetic leg. "Hey, weren't you the guy from last night? The one seemingly everyone but me knew?"

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 02, 2015, 03:58:55 pm »
"No, it is not.  Heavy blade, light grip.  Only way you'll parry with this thing is grabbing the backing and pushing the teeth against whatever you're trying to stop.  Neither is this thing, though, oof."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 02, 2015, 05:32:31 pm »
Armory

"I'm thinking we stick with our own gear."

"Agreed. I don't like being a guinea-pig for new weapons."

"Especially considering those weapons look like you have almost a high a chance at killing yourself."

Merc Bar

Alison finishes her drink, in quiet contemplation. Alisha was her sister, not that they ever got along well. Alison prefers to use her mother's maiden name professionally. She never got along with her father, and her sister followed in his career path. Guildmasters and council member, pah! She prefered to go out and see the world. Still, Alisha is paying her good money to dispose of any evidence she may find that further connects the Guild to these Birdmen. Pulling it off may be tricky though. She was in no way exaggerating when she said Alister was out for blood, and Reagan is far from stupid. Then there's Frey, he knows Alisha, and seems to suspect their relation. That won't be good if he catches on. Alister may be the biggest threat if she's found out, but Frey seems to be the biggest threat to finding her out. As always when its personal, Alister will get tunnel vision, but Frey. Frey has more restraint than Alister. He'll keep his eyes open for any irregularities.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 02, 2015, 05:49:13 pm »
"The only way you'll kill yourself with a switch axe is by swinging it into your own head. With a chainsword, though... I imagine half-swording is out of the question."

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 02, 2015, 06:09:33 pm »
"Two hands only, yes.  Trust me, this is safe.  Same safety rules as a regular chainsaw."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 02, 2015, 07:51:46 pm »
Somewhere in Cathedral

The trio stops and turn to see who's voiced asked the question. Though Dalhia and Lorena have puzzled looks upon their face at seeing this stranger, Courage's face light up in recognition.

"Why yes, and you are the one in charge of the new expidition with Regean. Amelia said your name was Carn or something? Well I'm Courage and these are my friends Dalhia and Lorena. What brings you out into town?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 02, 2015, 08:14:01 pm »
Somewhere in Cathedral

"Carn is my last name, call me Alister. And what's brought me out, is a need for more than two pairs of clothes. Any of you know a place that sells cheap durable clothes in my size?" This later part of the question is due to the fact that Alister is slightly over 6 feet tall, and has broad shoulders.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 02, 2015, 08:29:32 pm »
"I don't know much about the stores around here. You guys know anything?" Courage turns to the two.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 02, 2015, 09:10:31 pm »
Alister notes that Courage seems to be bogged down by a number of heavy looking bags.

"You need any help? Those look a tad full of engine parts."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 02, 2015, 09:37:41 pm »
His arms straining, Courage gives a huff as he sets a few bags onto the ground.

"Can you? I mean I could handle the weight if we hadn't been walking in a circle," he emphasise the last bit for a certain female, "We are heading to their warehouse at the South Docks to drop it off."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 02, 2015, 09:42:02 pm »
Alister lifts both bags with only a slight grunt.

"South is that way." He says, nodding in the direction they came from.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 02, 2015, 10:00:31 pm »
Deadpanned, Courage looks at Carn as he walks pass them.

"We were heading north?!?" he questions Lorena, "Ok never again following you."

Catching up to Carn, Cpurage matches his speed, "After we drop these off, I can try and help you find decent clothing. I'm just going to check some stuff inside."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 02, 2015, 10:10:25 pm »
"Not to worry. I've essentially been homeless for the last four years. Never stayed in one place long enough to bother buying a house. As such, I travel light. But for a voyage like this, I should probably have at least one more set of clothes." Looking back at Lorena and Dahlia, he smirks then looks back at Courage. "So, is one of these ladies, the one I heard being conversed about at the tavern?"

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 02, 2015, 10:16:45 pm »
Koali turns to the twins, holding one of the switch axes.

"Nothing to worry about, unless it's being held by someone who doesn't like you. It's an axe..."

(Flourish)

"And a sword."

(Flourish)

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 02, 2015, 10:21:25 pm »
Armory

"It's that sudden switching that has us concerned."

"We survived Alister before,"

"Though he went easy on us."

"And we have no desire to deal with that. Use it yourself if you want, but we value our hides."

It should be noted that between Alister and Alison over a period of 6 months, James and John were broken of the invincible attitude so frequent in teenage males.