Author Topic: Bought the game tonight  (Read 7117 times)

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Bought the game tonight
« on: April 15, 2013, 12:41:51 am »
I just bought GoI earlier today and played some games, I must say this game is fantastic and the community so far has been amazing!

I really enjoy the teamwork and how there is simplicity to the game but at the same time there can be in depth strategy. Made it very easy for me to get in to from my first game and I had a blast. But the community by far has sold me tonight. Right from the start I jumped in a game and had a captain that acknowledged I was fairly new and gave me tips on my loadout and where to go during the game. The rest of my ship's crew as well as all of the other players in the game were also very friendly and helpful and it was a fantastic experience over all. I think I ended up playing about 4 games with the same captain and learned a lot, it was great.

Basically what I have to say is great game, great community, and I look forward to playing more and meeting more of you. :)

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
Re: Bought the game tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:37:29 am »
Welcome to the forums GrimWinter!

I am Tim, we shall become fast friends and ride the clouds on the back of a great whale, spitting machine gun death down on all our enemies.  Just sign this charter, and release your immortal soul to the Sky Whale and all is good.

We do have a great bunch here, and I invite you to join the conversations in all corners.  We have several captains, including myself, looking for crew to play the cogs tourney, and even more community events planned and up coming.

We have the gallery for art and stories, the pit for our no rules area, lots of bacon there, and the lounge for off topic discussions.

Get to know the CAs that play during your time zone, we are an odd bunch of volunteers here to help you with what you need to have fun in GOI.  You'll know them by the yellow name in the lobby chat in game, or the community ambassador title under their avatar.

Hope to see you in the skies!

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:36:41 am »
Ah, I think I may have seen you around as well- jump on a crew with me anytime! I'd be happy to field questions about anything you ask. Anything? yes, anything.

I'm quite carefree or very serious, depends who I'm flying with, so I'll match with how you like to play.

See you in the skies!

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 02:38:12 am »
we are always willing to help you out, just ask and we answer

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 07:17:35 am »
Hey Grim!

I'm glad you enjoyed your first day of play :) (It gets really addicting :P). We have an entire day of training dedicated to newer members that I would recommend you take a look into if you want to learn more about some strategies. Check out the sub-forum here:

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/board,35.0.html

I look forward to seeing you in the skies :)

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 04:26:33 pm »
Glad to hear the positive feedback, Grim. :D I do really enjoy showing people the game on their first days. Glad you left before I had to start blocking some voice chats. Add me under the Social tab in your game! You are welcome on my ship anytime. If you find less than desirable parts of the community, the Block feature is accessed by clicking on someone's name. lol Had some annoying peeps last night.

Yeah Wazulu, he was one my ship last night. My gunner for quite awhile.

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 11:59:14 am »
It was a pleasure dying with u