Author Topic: What is your favorite "Random Loadouts"?  (Read 19061 times)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite "Random Loadouts"?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 06:10:26 am »
 Dual mec Pyra is a very good build, I have used it many times.  :)

a five gat Junker is a very unusual build  :) with incen rounds, it would be a great disabler/ amour stipper.  :D

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 07:01:31 am »
Those two builds are actually legit for situations, for example along side a heavy flak spire or a flak fish, all gat Junkers are not rare in public matches, as long as the ally has explosive damage.
Double merc pyra, I've seen use on a swival pyra in competitive, very efficient

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 07:48:26 am »
Dual mec Pyra is a very good build, I have used it many times.  :)

a five gat Junker is a very unusual build  :) with incen rounds, it would be a great disabler/ amour stipper.  :D

I did think that the dual merc had served us rather well for it to be that dumb a build. It works well for us because our gungineers are reliable as hell for landing their shots. I call a component to disable and in the next shot it will be down. Charging hwacha fishes are probably the most entertaining thing to deny, especially when you wait out that rebuild before hitting it again.

Honestly, double merc pyra makes me feel like the biggest douche in the game, and I love it, even if flying it largely consists of "press a a little, press d to straighten out, move backwards to avoid sand cloud"

Those two builds are actually legit for situations, for example along side a heavy flak spire or a flak fish, all gat Junkers are not rare in public matches, as long as the ally has explosive damage.
Double merc pyra, I've seen use on a swival pyra in competitive, very efficient

Well,  I think I will be sticking to pubs for quite a while, maybe til we hit our early twenties. Our clan is small and unfortunately, only four of us are regulars right now. I'll try not to get too attached to loadouts that only work in pubs, though, for the sake of a potential future.

I prefer support/disabling/stripping ships to kill ships, but the all gat/flamer junker is only something I go for if I see an exceedingly low-level crew rolling out in one of the harder ships for pure bullying purposes. It's a real giggle.
    ;D

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 08:11:28 am »
Squid with Mercury front, Flare on the side and Mine Launcher on the back. I saw a random dude in one running match bring it and everytime I used it, it brought great success with it.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 08:21:32 am »
Squid with Mercury front, Flare on the side and Mine Launcher on the back. I saw a random dude in one running match bring it and everytime I used it, it brought great success with it.

That sounds like fun!  :D

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 08:55:53 am »
Carro merc double flare pyra

Now that is an interesting front loadout!  :D How do you use it effectively?

Also, I'm seeing a lot of popularity with the flare guns! They are good weapons, even after the change of fire stacks from 20 to 15.

Before the pyra nerf I used to love carro merc on dunes. I used the carro on gunner side but there's reasons it can be on balloon side (I've since seen it by SPQR with carro on balloon). Wrench buff charged, span mall buff heavy clip. When out of carro range the gunner buffs/repairs.

Rush in with merc, and carro when it gets in range. Both can target guns if necessary. It's best on dunes due to low ceiling and easy to tempt ships to lower altitude. Disable, pop balloon, ram. Kinda like a mix between carro art and gat carro. Keep some distance, not always point blank.

Flares used to cause 10 fire stacks per shot. Do they now cause 15?

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 09:02:36 am »

I honestly have no idea... I thought it used to be 20. As for the 15 stacks now, i'm pretty sure it is 15 however, I could be wrong.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 07:09:32 pm »
I like the hades merc front side banshee pyramidion, there is something oddly satisfying watching the hades and the mercury mercilessly go at it at a target. It's actually more effective than some may think and we took it for some competitive matches as well.

Another weird pyramidion build is a mercury banshee front and side gatling, where in long range you shoot the merc and the banshee, and in close range the once main engineer shoots the side gatling in combination with the front banshee of the balloon engineer - and the engineer who once shot the mercury is now a main engineer on the bottom deck. Quite a silly and fun one :P I think we took it once to an scs, was interesting.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 07:15:49 pm »

I honestly have no idea... I thought it used to be 20. As for the 15 stacks now, i'm pretty sure it is 15 however, I could be wrong.

They did, I messaged Eric about it numerous times, but he keeps saying that the ignition chance was replaced from being in aoe to being in direct for the flare arming time change. So by what he says the ignition on aoe before was 15 and now changed to direct it's 15 too... I told him numerous times it used to be 10 and not 15 but he just kept saying that this is how it is intended to work and at some point I just gave up on writing emails to him about it because I got the same stubborn response.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:19:22 pm by Extirminator »

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 07:29:01 pm »
Dementio made a post about a merc double artemis heavy carronade spire that I enjoy. I switched the gunner on merc to a spanner mallet buff engi, they buff the main engine and keep the merc buffed. At close range the merc engi jumps down to heavy carronade and uses buff charged with the two artemis.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2015, 07:41:51 pm »
Dementio made a post about a merc double artemis heavy carronade spire that I enjoy.

I am Daniel.  It's nice to see people enjoy a build that one self created, even if they switch out their gunner  :P

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2015, 09:03:32 pm »
The other heavy carro spire I like is nicknamed the shatter spire because it relies on the secondary damage from gats and the heavy carronade. There's 3 engineers, top spanner mallet chem heavy clip, bottom gat is wrench buff chem heavy, and carronade is spanner mallet buff heavy (used to use charged pre carro nerf). Top right gun is usually a flare gun.

Everyone aims for components. It takes 10 shots to break a small gun and 20 to break a heavy gun from an unbuffed gat. A gat, a buffed gat, and a buffed heavy carronade will rapidly break all components. Use heavy clip for longer range then switch to regular gat. Carronade can pop/damage balloon or aim for components. Charge!

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2015, 09:53:58 pm »
You would think Mercury and double Artemis is an evil combination and then you see this thing, oh dear!