Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1155344 times)

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1935 on: June 10, 2013, 03:53:30 pm »
--A small hamlet--

Nidhogg and Tristan were strolling through the street of the hamlet examining the run-down place.

Nidhogg
"Not much, but it'll keep us hidden."

Tristan was not so sure. Unknown to both of them was a man in body armour at a street corner, cocking his pistol.

Tristan
"I guess, but we should still be caref-"

BANG!

The shot went just between Nidhogg and Tristan's heads, just as more armoured men came out of alley ways and buildings, six in total, including the firer of the shot. Acting with instinct, Nidhogg and Tristan separated to either side of the street amongst the fleeing citizens, drawing their swords at the same time. Nidhogg instantly came across one of the men, who drew a pistol. Nidhogg tackled the man to the ground but struggled to keep him pinned down. The man who originally fired the shot took aim again at Nidhogg, but hit the man on the floor as Nidhogg jerked away.

Nidhogg
"BROTHER!"

He glanced over at Tristan to see him just managing to fend off an attacker with his sword.

Nidhogg
"RUN!"

Tristan heard this and, kicking his attacker to knock him back, started sprinting back to the ship along with Nidhogg. All the while the first attacker kept firing shots, and the remaining four in hot pursuit. As they were nearing the ship, a shot caught Nidhogg in the left arm, luckily not his sword arm. Tristan leapt onto the ship and held out his arm to Nidhogg.

Tristan
"NID!"

Nidhogg grabbed Tristan's arm, who, with his other hand, drew a pistol from beneath his cloak and shot the closest pursuer in the gut. Not a marksman's shot, but enough to slow him down even with the armour. Tristan lifted Nidhogg onto the ship and fired another shot which hit the same target in the head, killing him dead. Nidhogg ran to the helm and cast off the ship while the shooter continued to fire directly at Nidhogg. While the other men drew their own guns. At this point Tristan dashed to the port gatling and mowed down the pursuers. leaving all of them dead except for the shooter, who retreated to the cover of a street corner and fired another pot-shot at Tristan, grazing his knuckle. But Nidhogg cast off the ship and flew off back north to Anvala.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: June 10, 2013, 04:53:55 pm »
--Armory--

Gunsmith
"Sir, I'm not sure how to put this, but do you think it'll work?"

Yiski
"Of course it'll fire!"

Gunsmith
"We know it'll fire, but couldn't it possibly blow up in the user's hand? I mean, none of us have ever thought of using this caliber rounds in rifle, no less in a pistol."

Yiski
"Skies, haven't you fellas learned to trust in the things I make?"

Gunsmith
"Well, we have heard about some of your brews..."

Yiski
"Fine, trust in the weapons I make."

Moments later Yiski comes out of the Armory with two boxes underneath each arm. He hands one box to Althea and the other to Lauren. They open them and see their new weapons, or each other's at least. The two girls switch their boxes and get a small grin and chuckle from Yiski.

Althea lifts her two new pistol. Both pistols were same in size, shape, and had clips. Yiski quickly pointed out the differences in caliber. One pistol, which had a black grip, was a .357 caliber. It used modified charged rounds (not as much power as standard, but definitely more than a normal .357 round). The other pistol, which had a white grip, was a .50 caliber. It used the modified tungsten which Yiski had developed the other day.

Lauren's long pistol was a .45 caliber revolver. It also used the modified tungsten.

The two girls simply stared at their new weapons.

Yiski
"Well, are you goin' to stare it all day, or are you goin' try shootin' them?"

The girls looked at Yiski with an expression which screamed 'Why aren't there targets already out?' Yiski smiled and snapped his fingers which brought out a few technicians with targets. Once set the girls started tearing into the targets. All three guns fired perfectly and it brought an even larger smile from Yiski.

Yiski
"Now about modifying Blood Bolt."

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: June 10, 2013, 05:26:59 pm »
--The hamlet--

The Wyrm marched down the street towards the remaining mercenary, followed by two others. His face was covered in scars and he had black, matted hair with a platted beard. He wore heavy clothes, a long leather coat with a fur collar, underneath of which was heavy body armour beneath a black waistcoat. He had a rifle strapped to his back, along with duel pistols and plenty of blades in his belt.

Wyrm
"You! You let him escape!"

Mercenary
"I'm sorry, the shot was more difficult than I imagined."

Wyrm
"Yes, I imagine hitting a slowly moving target at medium range in clear light with little distraction is a job only for the best. Let me show you."

The Wyrm then drew a pistol and shot the merc between the eyes.

Wyrm
"Lucky shot I guess."

He turned to the two mercs behind him.

Wyrm
"Get a ship ready. If he's smart he's on his way back to Anvala to seek help. We'll kill him, and anyone sheltering him. Ready a team of our finest. We strike soon."

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: June 10, 2013, 07:40:22 pm »
-Armory-

Finally, Zill and Jun'ko had finished their work. Zill had a nice inventory of bombs for himself, and Jun'ko had a new dagger/knife set that would literally make any mercenary's blood boil. Satisfied with their work, they head to the practice arena.
Jun'ko
"Bet I can kill mine faster than you."

Zill
"You're on love. The stakes?"

Jun'ko
"Hmm. We can get creative later tonight."

Zill grinned under his mask and nodded. Technicians set up ten targets each, and a gunshot signaled the start. Zill cut his fuses short and lit three bombs, one large and two mini.  As he rolled them into position, Jun'ko had thrown her knives, hitting eight square in the kill-zones. As she approached her final two close targets.....

BAAANNG BOOOOOMMMM BAAAAANNNNNG

Zill's bombs went off. His main took out the six rear targets, and the two minis took out the four remaining close ones. He shook the soot off his jacket, and turned, knowing he won. Jun'ko finished off her targets with the daggers, all her targets starting to smoke from the poison.
Zill
"Guess it's not just skin. And speaking of skin..."

Jun'ko
"Cute, my admiral. I have work to do tonight it seems."

The technicians were eating up the conversation, till Zill noticed.
Zill
"Might want to get the burning targets before the tar gets lit, gents."

Realizing the threat, the technicians scrambled, and Zill just laughed. They went to find Yiski and company after the competition.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: June 10, 2013, 09:27:37 pm »
--Academy--

After a few rounds on the firing range with Mac and the other cadets, BdrLine leaves and hears the sounds of explosions from the outdoor practice arena.

Zill must have finished with his project, hmm maybe I should make my own. Yeah it be better then the standard stuff, now to find the Armoury.

BdrLine then walks off to another direction towards the Academy's armoury. Once he reaches the place, he sees Lauren and Althea firing new pistols of some sort and Yiski in the background. He circles around the ladies towards Yiski.

"Yiski, mind helping me make a rifle for myself?"

While waiting for a reply, BdrLine watches as the ladies shoot their pistols. Moreso towards Althea.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: June 10, 2013, 10:45:38 pm »
--Academy Range--

Yiski looked at BdrLine after he asked for a new rifle. As such, Yiski saw BdrLine staring at Althea.

Yiski
"You sure set your sights high."

BdrLine
"What?"

Yiski
"Nothing. What kind of rifle are you wantin'? Light infantry, medium defender, or heavy like Blood Bolt?"

BdrLine
"Um... Is is possible to go between a light and medium?"

Yiski
"Hmm... well there's one way to find out, but you'll probably have to wait for tomorrow."

Yiski looked up to the skies and BdrLine followed. The afternoon had gone quickly and in a few hours the sun would sink below the city's walls.

Yiski
"But if I pull an all-nighter, I can probably get it by morning."

Lauren heard Yiski's suggest over the gunfire and yelled back at him.

Lauren
"You think you can still pull an all-nighter? You're not exactly young."

Yiski
"Skies woman! I'm young where it counts."

This got a chuckle out of both Lauren and Althea. BdrLine noticed and felt enthralled by Althea's small laugh. Noticing it, Althea turns back around to continue shooting and Lauren and Yiski shaking their heads.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:50:35 pm by Yiski »

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: June 10, 2013, 11:24:09 pm »
--Academy Range--

Still looking at Althea, BdrLine sighs at the sight.

What a cute laugh

Then he turns back to Yiski.

"Mind if I help as well? I was thinking something along the lines of a semi-action, like the 1911."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: June 11, 2013, 12:17:56 am »
--NARRATOR--

Yiski
"Well, my usual motto is the less hands workin' on what I'm workin', the better it works."

BdrLine concentrated to see if any of that made sense to him. It did.

Yiski
"But, hell why not. You girls can go ahead without me. I'll be up all night."

Lauren knew better than to argue with Yiski and headed for the officer's barracks. Althea, on the other hand, followed BdrLine and Yiski back inside the Armory. Yiski looked back to see Althea smirking.

Althea
"Don't think you can get rid of me that easily."

Yiski
"Frankly, I'd be disappointed if you couldn't keep up."

Althea kept to herself inside near the entrance while BdrLine and Yiski were in the back machining all the parts needed to make BdrLine's new rifle.

While they were working, BdrLine thought he stole a few glances at Althea. Yiski knew BdrLine was, but either rolled his eyes or shook his head which BdrLine didn't notice.

As the night dragged on well beyond midnight, the barrel, trigger, and stock were completed. However, there was a mountain of detailing and smaller parts which needed to be made. Yiski still noticed BdrLine taking a few looks at Althea. He seemed enthralled with the way she was handling her new dual pistols. Yiski finally broke his work and BdrLine's fantasy concentrations.

Yiski
"You could ask her out."

BdrLine
"Wha... who?"

Yiski
"BdrLine, everyone in Anvala would know you got a thing for Althea just by takin' a look you when you look at her."

BdrLine
"That obvious?"

Yiski simply nodded.

BdrLine
"But how am I going to ask her out when she's guarding you constantly?"

Yiski stopped to think about that for a bit. A few seconds passed before an idea came to Yiski.

Yiski
"Well, apparently some rep is comin' by regarding my recent episode, so I'll probably be tied up at the Council Chambers all day."

BdrLine
"You think she just won't sit outside."

Yiski
"Doubt it. There's about hundred-twenty Elites guarding and patrolling the Council Building alone. Don't even know how many inside. Skies, I'm sure I'll be safe."

BdrLine
"You think I have a shot?"

Yiski
"Skies, stranger things have happened."

BdrLine
"True."

With their conversation over, the two men went back to fashioning the rifle.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 117--

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: June 11, 2013, 11:14:44 am »
--Start Day 118--

-Narrator-

Jun'ko woke up on top of Zill. She grinned at the flashback of the past night. She thought it funny that despite his winning the bet, they both won something. Slowly getting up, she got herself dressed and ready for the day. With Zill still sleeping, she had a thought. Her curiosity was getting the best of her, and she slipped out of the room toward the council docks.

Accompanied by guards, she entered the docks. The engineer's recognized her, and allowed her back into Zill's bays. The galleon was looking more finished, but her aim was his Pyramidion. The guards stood back, knowing that was a good way to get mine duty. She slowly went under the large tarp, stepping onto the main deck. It was a well used pyramidion, but what was odd was that it didn't have any modifications. Knowing Zill, Jun'ko figured he stopped flying it many years ago.

I'll figure you out, my admiral.

Zill woke a bit later, and realizing Ju'nko was gone, figured she was playing with knives again. He got himself up and headed to the armory, only to find Yiski, BdrLine, and Althea.
Zill
"Oi, any of you see Jun'ko this morning?"

Yiski
"I've only seen this workbench for the night."

Althea
"How you continue to work is beyond me."

Zill
"You'll learn. Anyway, she wasn't in my room when I woke up...."

Althea
"She went out somewhere with guards. Want us to search for her?"

Zill
"If she had guards, I'm not that worried. She can handle herself." But where would she go on her own? Hmm...

-End Narrator-

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: June 11, 2013, 11:49:15 am »
--Armory--

Yiski had bags under his eyes. It was clear he hadn't slept at all since beginning work on BdrLine's rifle. The rifle was practically done, but it still needed some flair to it because right now it looked like a piece of scrap metal. Knowing the job is basically done, Yiski turned to look at Althea who, for the most fact, still looked fresh.

Yiski
"Do you Elites ever sleep?"

Althea
"Only when you are not watching."

"YISKI! WE HAVE A PROBLEM!"

Yiski looked beyond Althea to see Lauren rushing in and yelling his name.

Yiski
"Calm down now. I'm right here."

Lauren
"That representative is here and..."

Yiski
"Already? Who is he?"

Lauren
"I was getting there..." *takes a small breath* "The representative fits the description you gave."

Althea
"What? Why would the Council let him back inside alive?"

Yiski
"No clue, but I plan on finding out. BdrLine you can handle the rest right?"

BdrLine
"Yeah. Just gotta spruce it up a bit."

Before Yiski went off for the Chambers, he leaned in and whispered to BdrLine.

Yiski
"Don't forget what I said last night."

With that Althea, Lauren, and Yiski headed for the Council Chambers.

Minutes later Yiski sat in front of the huge double door leading inside the Chambers. The Elites acknowledged Yiski's presence and allowed him entry. As Yiski started in, he noticed Althea and Lauren were going to follow him in and he stopped them both.

Yiski
"Nope. You two are stayin' out here."

Lauren
"Fine. Just punch him for me will you?"

Althea
"I need to stay by your side."

Yiski
"Althea. How many Elites are stationed inside the Chambers?"

Althea
"Eighty."

Yiski
"Exactly. I'll be fine. Take the day off because I got a lot of things to discuss with this bastard."

Yiski walked inside the Chambers and the doors shut, leaving a very lost and confused Althea.

Lauren
"First day-off ever?"

Althea
"It is."

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: June 11, 2013, 11:58:46 am »
--Armoury--

While the group waited outside of the chambers, Tristan burst in, followed by Nidhogg, who was cradling his left arm, of which a torn piece of his cloak was wrapped around like a bandage.

Tristan
"Excuse me, but we're desperately in need of shelter. And apparently you and my brother were briefly acquainted."

He gestured toward Nidhogg, who had just caught up to him.

Nidhogg
"I'm sorry, but I'm in grave danger, meaning now you are too. I need help."

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: June 11, 2013, 12:08:59 pm »
-Council Chambers-

Zill slowly walked up and overheard Tristan. Judging by their appearance, they were running from something.
Zill
"Two buildings down, you'll find my room on the 49th floor. Get yourself fixed up, and tell the doorman to keep me posted. He'll know what I mean."

He tossed Tristan a key, and made his way past the girls and Elites into the chambers. Yiski turned and just shrugged. Zill spoke before any council members could react.
Zill
"Surprised to see me alive? Yea I'm still guarding my city, so like it or not, I'm here as well for this act. Bring out the representative, in chains preferably.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: June 11, 2013, 12:44:12 pm »
--The roof of a distant building--

The Wyrm looked through the telescope at the council chambers, eyeing every person there. He saw Tristan and Nidhogg enter a building near the council chambers.

Wyrm
"The area is crawling with elites."

A mercenary next to him peered through his own telescope at the area.

Merc
"We should strike now, while he's vulnerable."

Wyrm
"Take another look. Broad daylight, extreme security, near a weapons depot. You fucking idiot, this the absolute worst time to strike. But we should act soon. Bring in another fifty or so of our best, more guns, more explosives, and the Wyvern."

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: June 11, 2013, 01:29:16 pm »
Lockheart flew in re-aboard the Yeshan Dragon blending in with the other various ships that were coming in to port in Anvala. He docked his ship and walked slowly off of the gangplank, he walked with his hand on the hilt of his sword towards the telegraph office to see if any word of any assignments he may be given from the Firnfeld fleet. He entered the telegraph office where a young, worried looking teenager was manning the telegraph.

Lockheart
"Boy!, Good day."

Telegraph boy
"Yes sir, how can i assist you sir?"

Lockheart
"You can start by checking for any telegraphs from Firnfeld if you could be so kind."

Telegraph boy
"Yes sir."

The boy walks of towards a filing cabinet and begins to flick through previous telegraphs from Firnfeld.

Telegraph boy
"Military or Commercial sir?"

Lockheart
"Military, Look for any for Commodore Lockheart"

Telegraph boy
"Nope. Non here sir, are you expecting any?"

Lockheart smiled a bit and relaxed his posture a bit before replying

Lockheart
" Non that im aware of, although get a courier to send them to me if any come through."

Lockheart smile gets wider, then he tosses a pouch of  coins to the boy.

Lockheart
"For your troubles."

Telegraph boy
"Thank you sir."

Lockheart walks out of the door and punches the air in happiness, then stops at the nearby garden district and stands, takes a deep breath and rests his hand on his sword hilt.

Lockheart
"Excellent, a nice little rest from all the chaos and injuries. Should be a while before they call me in."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: June 11, 2013, 01:54:17 pm »
--Anvala--

--Council Chambers--

Upon entering, Yiski noticed a lone figure surrounded by two Elites. The Council, noticing Yiski's entry, acknowledge his presence which cause the figure to turn and face him. Sure enough, it was the same man who led in his kidnapping.

Yiski
"Gotta admit you have guts comin' back."

Man
"If things had gone as they were expected, I would not be here."

(3)
"Commander. We understand your attitude against him, but he comes with information regarding why you were targeted."

Man
"Thank you. First off, let me introduce myself. I am Sebastian, former leader of the Shadow Veil."

Yiski
"Why 'former'?"

Sebastian
"Much of it has to deal with the nature of my last client. Let us just say the client was not to keen on keeping his end of our contract."

(4)
"Who was your client and what were the terms of your employment."

Sebastian
"As far as the terms, the client wanted my group to obtain, by non-lethal means, any weapon blueprints from Yiski. Per blueprint obtained, the Shadow Veil would receive twenty thousand gold. Should the contract fail in any fashion, our group and the client would merely part ways."

(6)
"And the client?"

Sebastian
"That is a bit more complicated. Only once had we met and it was a representative of our client. Any subsequent negotiations were handled through messages."

Yiski
"So you're tellin' me you have nothin' and you're wastin' my time."

Sebastian
"On the contrary, I do not like dealing with clients who hide behind others. Before my current situation, I managed to collect information regarding the client's identity."

(3)
"Do you know where you client is from?"

Sebastian
"Yes, by following the couriers to multiple locations, the final destination was Lord's Leap."

There was a silence in the Chambers. Yiski couldn't believe what the spy had just said. He served with the Baronies for years and had many friends who were now high-ranking officials.

Yiski
"Bullshit. The Baronies and Anvala have been on good terms for a long while. Why would any of them come after me?"

Sebastian
"Well, before I continue, I want assurances that I can peacefully live within the city."

Yiski
"Like hell, we're..."

(7)
"Your request will be considered."

Yiski gave a death glare to the Council. Yiski argued that Sebastian was bluffing, but the Council countered, even if the assertions are false, more information was needed.

Sebastian
"I suppose a consideration will do. Learning the location of my client, I sent a few men to report as to the nature of the job. Turns out the client were clients from the Baronies military." *Looks to Yiski* "Seems like a weapons demonstration about two-three weeks back caught their attention."

(2)
"Did you discover names?"

Sebastian
"Consequently, no. Anytime one of my men got close, they 'mysteriously' perished."

Yiski
"So what happened to your group?"

Sebastian
"It seems they were not keen on me potentially copying any of the blueprints and used the same method of tracking to find my base of operations. While highly trained, there's little we can do against heavy number of infantry and galleons. They were killed while I was here."

Yiski
"And why should I believe what you sayin'?"

Sebastian
"While my profession requires to me to lie and deceive, it also requires me to be honest assuming it benefits me. It would also benefit Anvala to keep me because I still have extensive contacts all over the world."

Yiski
"Sorry. That position's been filled already."

Sebastian
"While I can understand your urge to strangle me, I believe the decision rests upon your Council."

If there was a time when Yiski just wanted to say to hell with everything, it would have been now just so he could strangle the life out of Sebastian. Yiski saw the Council gather and deliberating Sebastian's fate. Hours would pass before anything was decided.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:00:36 pm by Yiski »