Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1156008 times)

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1890 on: June 06, 2013, 03:30:50 pm »
Plasma looks nonplussed. Taking a pull from his own Hellfire.

Plasma
"A sword? Granted it's a pretty one. Is it some kind of ancestral treasure or something?"

He eyes the object curiously.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: June 06, 2013, 03:38:51 pm »
--Saloon--

Nidhogg
"Ancestral treasure? No, It was made for me, for duelling, to settle disputes etcetera. Most of the time people duel with pistols but one can't deny the pleasurable act of twirling a fine blade through the air, or flesh, if need be. But I try to avoid such acts... Try."

He continues to take swigs from the Hellfire.

Nidhogg
"But enough about me. This doesn't just go one way. What are your stories?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: June 06, 2013, 03:46:24 pm »
--Saloon--

BdrLine takes a seat closer to Althea, nervousness showing. While playing with his thumb, he tries to talk to her.

BdrLine
"So umm Althea, Bodyguard... Yiski. umm Ahh... I'll be over there then."

He stands up from his seat and moves to the other side of the bar with a hand behind his head and his face red. Ny-Lee sees this and finally piece why her brother was actin strange for the pat few days. She brings a. hand to stifle a chuckle and goes over to him.

Ny-Lee
"So, brother. Lady troubles I see."

Startled, he turns to her.

BdrLine
"What... Noo. Me and lady troubles, Ny how can you say that. I mean I'm 'BdrLine' for Gods shakes."

Ny-Lee puts on a smug face and rolls her eyes.

Ny-Lee
"Denial."

BdrLine goes on a little defensive and raise a finger in the air.

BdrLine
"D-d-denial. Now I wonder who is the sane one now."

Still unamused, Ny-Lee folds her arms and stare at her brother. Starting to sweat a little, BdrLine gets up from his seat and heads to the door. He calls out to Yiski and the others.

BdrLine
"Umm Yiski, I think I'm needed at the docks. Niko said that some of his ships are still broken. I'll be back."

He exits the saloon and heads to the tavern where is Niko is staying. Ny-Lee gives an exasperated gasp and goes over to her husband.

--Docks--

At the tavern, BdrLine enters and sees Niko holding a pencil and paper with his men surrounding him.

Niko
"Ok so that's 50 copper for five days for Chee. 15 silver for a week for my cousin. Ok anyone else?"

BdrLine raises an eyebrow and goes up to him.

BdrLine
"Niko, what's this?"

Niko turns around and sees his friend. Goes up to him, wraps an arm around his shoulder and shows the paper.

Niko
"Hey Bdr, you see the men and I thought it would be fun to bet on how lon it will take for you to get the girl you were talking about. So far a lot of people are saying that it be a month or so."

BdrLine face palm himself as Niko and he others laugh.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: June 06, 2013, 03:57:11 pm »
--Saloon--

After BdrLine left, Jun'ko and Lauren couldn't help but laugh at his immense awkwardness. Zill chuckled and Yiski sighed. Althea just stood there trying to take in what happened.

Althea
"So, did he just try and..."

Yiski
"I suppose he tried, and failed miserably. Ny, do you know if he's ever had any experience with a woman?"

Ny-Lee
"Back home? One or two, but I think it was more of a friendship than anything else."

Yiski shrugged, then turned to Nidhogg.

Yiski
"Our stories. Skies, we'd be here all week. To start, I was a Baronies Striker when my service was up. Fought in the Baronies-Guild Conflict."

Lauren
"I was a pilot for the Baronies during the same time, but I did go 'missing' for a time after the Conflict."

Yiski
"Yeah 'missing'." *Doing air quotes*

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: June 06, 2013, 04:01:16 pm »
--Saloon--

Nidhogg
"I'm sorry, 'missing'? What happened"

Whilst he says this he puts his sword back in its sheath and removes his cloak, placing it on the bar.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: June 06, 2013, 04:42:37 pm »
--Saloon--

Yiski
"Yeah, that's a topic which neither of us are willin' to discuss at the time. Let's just say it caused some problems for us which are solved now."

Lauren makes herself a Hellfire and takes a gulp of it. Though she's getting used to the drink, it still sends shivers down her spine.

Lauren
"Yeah, I'd like not talking about it either."

--Unknown Building--

Man 2
"You sure we should continue the contract? Looks like he has 24/7 bodyguard."

Man
"Yes, our client was adamant about completing this and why we were given abundant resources to accomplish this. I also will not allow such a man to tarnish our flawless track record."

Man 3
"So, do we have a plan? I'd like to get some pay back on him."

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: June 06, 2013, 05:23:04 pm »
As BrdLine approaches Althea, Plasma does all he can to prevent himself from chuckling. This involves choking on the first half of his drink, and entering a little coughing fit.

He's gunning high that one. Going after an Elite, and a stunning one at that. Good luck.

He shoots Yiski and Althea a reproachful look.

Plasma
"Not all of us can be so lucky in love, you two. Sometimes it takes practice. And a few slaps across the face."
He ducks the Elite's glare. And Yiski begins his 'story'.

Plasma listens with rapt attention. Almost forgetting about the drink in his hand.
He finishes it as Yiski concludes his little tale. Plasma finds that he only has more questions about the Mysterious commander. He bats them away.

Plasma
"Well, I'm a bit new around here. Technically, I'm subordinate to the Admiral and Commander, but it's in a sort of round-about way. I'm a Lieutenant in the fleet. Or at least, a branch of it. Until recently it's been quiet. Import/Export detail and guard duties. We shouldn't even be up for the guard, but recent events... Well, I suppose it was lucky I was. Anyway, I ship out tomorrow. Top Secret mission and all of that. But it'll be nice to have sky under my feet again. And I'm sure it's not nearly as dangerous as the Captain says... I've only just found this saloon you see. I'd like to continue visiting..."

He sighs. Asks for another Hellfire and sips it moodily.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: June 06, 2013, 06:32:56 pm »
--Unknown Building--

Man 2
"It seems the the guards have a detailed description of you and seem to be actively searching for you."

Man
"It is to be expected. As a weapon craftsman, he certainly does pay attention to detail. However, this works in our favor."

Man 3
"Are we going to use our alternate appearances?"

Man
"No, only I will. Based on the information, Yiski only managed to give a description of me. It should be easy enough to alter my appearance and voice."

Man 2
"You sure this plan will work? It does have a high risk."

Man
"They are a reactive bunch. Once I neutralize the bodyguard, I am counting on the rest of you to suppress his friends. Remember, no deaths as per our contract."

Man 4
"You know as well as I do that condition only increases our chance of failure."

Man
"Be that as it may, I would prefer not to make our client angry, given our past history."

Man 2
"Okay fine, non-lethal takedowns aside, when is this happening?"

Man
"Tomorrow morning."

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1898 on: June 06, 2013, 06:38:34 pm »
-Saloon-

Two heavily armored guards march into the doorway of the Saloon, if they were armed they hid their weapons well. They stood at opposite sides of the doorway scanning the room. Naturally Althea was put off by this. The people who noticed thought it might have been Papa before they realized that the guards were Yeshan military. As the two men finished scanning the room, they knocked on the saloon door.

On Que, a Yeshan man who was adorned in fine fabrics and covered in medals strolled into the saloon with his head held high and his arms crossed behind his back. Then then whispered something to his guard and scanned the room.

Yeshan
"Alright."

He moves his hands to the front of his body and slowly takes both gloves off and puts them in his coat pocket.

Yeshan
"Who wants to tell me where he is?"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: June 06, 2013, 06:50:24 pm »
-Saloon-

Zill was back in thought, staring at his mug. This time it was Yiski to snap him out of it.
Yiski
"Don't think too hard grandpa, you might hurt yourself."

Zill
"Witty today aren't we? Too bad that glass couldn't of made you look better for Lauren."

Yiski
"Jokes aside, what's eating you?"

Zill
"You do know those guys will try again, I hope."

Yiski
"Well yea, that's expected. I want to know who they work for."

Zill
"Well once Althea finds them, she isn't asking questions."

Yiski
"Good point..."

Just then a courier brings a package for Zill, along with a letter. Jun'ko paws at it and looks inside.
Jun'ko
"Is that a bomb?!"

Althea jumped at the word and rushed over. Zill took the explosive out before she could snatch it, his pistol in her gut.
Zill
"You're pretty slow for an Elite. It's not going to explode."

Althea
"Well at least get that pistol off me."

He lowered his gun, and she backed up, sitting next to Jun'ko.
Zill
"Before any of you ask, it's an experiment of mine, and you'll do well to just accept that I have a bomb in my possession."

Jun'ko
"Any particular reason or are you just collecting them now?"

Zill
"Insurance."

Everyone turns to the Yeshans entering, followed by the one questioning for someone.

Zill
"Before anyone answers any of your concerns, who are you?"

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: June 06, 2013, 07:06:47 pm »
--Saloon--

Nidhogg sits and examines the explosive from a distance and thought to himself.

Nidhogg
"And now I guess bombs. This rag-tag bunch seems to be more than meets the eye. Best I don't question minor things like explosives."

When the guards enter Nidhogg is not overly worried, as he is more concerned about his rapidly emptying drink.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1901 on: June 06, 2013, 07:36:28 pm »
The man glances over at Zill and gives a slight grin.

Admiral Qiao Huang
"I am the Admiral General Qiao Huang of Yesha. Now you can answer some of my questions, yes?"

He snaps his fingers and the guard to the left of him put a brown piece of rolled up paper in his hand. The General opens it up and looks at it, then turns it to Zill. The picture shows a wanted sign for a "Dylan Thackery and Honey the Kid." With the pictures of Honeybadger and Dylan on the front.

Admiral Qiao Huang
"I'm looking for these two men."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:40:24 pm by Honeybadger »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: June 06, 2013, 07:49:15 pm »
--Saloon--

Yiski
"Yeah, we've seen them. There's a plot just outside the city walls. Probably about five hundred meters north by northeast from Port Tar Barrel. In that area you'll find two burial markers with those names."

Yiski makes himself another Hellfire and takes a sip.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1903 on: June 06, 2013, 08:16:45 pm »
He raises his eyebrows.

Admiral Qiao Huang
"Are you saying these men are dead?"

He looks over at his guard menacingly, his guard shrugs and tilts his head.

He looked back to Yiski, completely normal.

Admiral Qiao Huang
"Could you maybe go into detail on how they died? I need it to report back."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: June 06, 2013, 09:58:06 pm »
--Saloon--

Yiski
"I can do you better."

Yiski heads into the back and moments later comes out with a folder in his hand. As Yiski got to the counter, Althea stopped him. She held out her hand. Yiski stared at her.

Althea
"Precaution."

Yiski relented and handed Althea the folder who then handed it to the Admiral Huang.

Yiski
"That is the official report of how he died."