Author Topic: Papa P's Week 3 Analysis  (Read 14845 times)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Papa P's Week 3 Analysis
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 11:07:33 am »
For the record allow me to clear up the argument since the video really doesn't show well what actually happened. After almost 30 minutes without a kill I called for a charge on the North side of the map through the cloud cover.  This was only in part due to the teabags relative position.

Squash and I moved from the South to the North and then along the wall. We had already covered almost  half the map by the time we reestablished visual contact; and though the video doesn't show this at all, Chango actually continued to snipe initiallly when I emerged out of the clouds, and it's my contention he didn't think at first I was going to keep advancing. He almost didn't finish his turn in time.

I did just rewatch the video though, and from qwerty's angle, Chango does advance. He does this though while we're still unspotted  and if you watch closely he clearly still assumes we're at range since he turns his broadside.

If my word isn't enough, just look at where on the map we were sniping from and where on the map the first kill took place.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 11:22:08 am »
Oh i know you guys were changing position. I didnt consider it a charge and more just repositioning as they too were turning and getting snug on the arch. Beyond that, I wont argue with the guy who was there flying, lol.

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 04:28:37 pm »
I had a major error on my part. My new wireless mouse, with extra buttons to move comms to my mouse, is a piece of crap and the buttons don't work at the worst times. The rush was spotted, but I don't think my questions/orders were sent. Coordination is key. Snipe matches drive me stir-crazy also :D

Offline Moriarty

• Salutes: 18
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 08:43:08 am »
Can we expect this to be a regular thing? I know many people would really like that to be the case.

Edit: Re-read the OP and will simply wait happily for the next installment.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:45:59 am by Moriarty »