Author Topic: Mallet Buff  (Read 7073 times)

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Mallet Buff
« on: March 08, 2015, 11:56:02 pm »
I've been thinking, and today I thought of something while getting pelted with lumberjacks and torn to bits by carronades. A mallet can't save a balloon under constant fire from a weapon under constant fire from a weapon specifically designed to attack that part. If you want to escape, you either need your pilot to out maneuver the enemy or wait for the enemy to make a mistake. No amount of good engineering can help you in any way, aside from prolonging your death. You are fated to be glued to your balloon until you go down. 

So I suggest bumping up the mallet repair power from 250 to 300. No other changes. I haven't thought about this too in depth, but I can't immediately see any game breaking possibilities. Now two Heavy Carro shots can't break a balloon if you can repair it between shots or directly after you rebuild it.

Just tossing ideas around, wondering what you guys think

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Mallet Buff
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 12:04:20 am »
Giving mallet this buff makes all ships have aprox 300 extra armor. Or 50 more armor.

This is not a good balance because the repair strength does go across all components, namely again, the hull armor.
So all super specific ship calculations are now 50+ armor.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 12:10:15 am »
If you want to escape, you either need your pilot to out maneuver the enemy or wait for the enemy to make a mistake.

I'll also add ally assistance in there. And that is as it should be in my opinion. Engineering does get rough piloting out of a lot of situations, but that shouldn't be a norm.

No amount of good engineering can help you in any way, aside from prolonging your death. You are fated to be glued to your balloon until you go down. 

While sometimes yea, that isn't always the case. Giving up gets you killed far quicker.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 12:20:34 am »
Its only 250? I thought it used to be 400?

I've felt it was a little weak but only probably within the last few months, maybe year. Course another thread not long ago mentioned tweaks to the balloons which to me would be a lot better. Give each ship variable HP on balloons.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 01:27:28 am »
400 would be beyond ridiculous. I'm sure it was never that in the last two years I've played.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 05:00:41 am »
Well I don't think any number is accurate in this game. If it was, balloons would be lasting a heck of a lot longer under hydro/chute than they are. Simple math of a 1200hp balloon with tool in use doesn't equal out like it should. That also means that with 250 on mallet hits, the balloon should be taking forever to repair to 100%. Unless of course the HP or repair number has been changed.

I dunno, wish Muse posted all the numbers like they used to.

Offline Lueosi

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 10:35:31 am »
Keep in mind a component gains 33% of its maximum health after rebuild. Including a mallet hit, a balloon has 650 HP after rebuild. Don't forget to look at the wiki to check out the game mechanics: Rebuilding

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 11:26:00 am »
Well I don't think any number is accurate in this game. If it was, balloons would be lasting a heck of a lot longer under hydro/chute than they are. Simple math of a 1200hp balloon with tool in use doesn't equal out like it should. That also means that with 250 on mallet hits, the balloon should be taking forever to repair to 100%. Unless of course the HP or repair number has been changed.

I dunno, wish Muse posted all the numbers like they used to.

As someone who have looked around all patch notes of the last 2 years probably, I can tell you that muse tell you a lot more about accurate numbers and changes than they used to before. Also I am fairly certain that if there was a change to any damage/health/repair values of any tool or component muse will tell you since its a big change to gameplay. Not to mention if they don't, the values are still taken directly from the code, so they couldn't change anything without us not knowing about it.
If you really do think that things aren't adding up I would love to look at some numbers that would indicate that, but I am pretty certain in the validity of the current data - from a standpoint of someone who actually measures and calculates stuff in-game.