Author Topic: Steam Sales  (Read 64231 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 09:08:58 am »
Agreed.  Normally I saw around 300 people on in the evenings, but it dropped to 200.  Last night there were just over 1500!

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 11:59:10 am »
The question is. How long will that stay? I love seeing that number, i just need to wait for them to know what they are doing.

Ive found some newbies, some bad some good. And the ones that are good are usually the ones that have coms. like seriously people open up the communication voice systemus!

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 12:55:58 pm »
The question is. How long will that stay? I love seeing that number, i just need to wait for them to know what they are doing.

Ive found some newbies, some bad some good. And the ones that are good are usually the ones that have coms. like seriously people open up the communication voice systemus!
I think you've been around for long enough that you know how the peaks and valleys of GOIO population as influenced by Steam sales go ;)

Offline Manasong

• Salutes: 0
    • [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 06:29:01 pm »
I have no problem with steam sales, but it does make me sad to see the growth of assholes and completely clueless novices playing, having a good crew is what makes or breaks a match. It's a "necessary evil" as the sales give more money to muse and more visibility, more people might actually give this game a shot and love it.

All I hope is that these sales help the game get better.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 11:18:56 pm »

I think you've been around for long enough that you know how the peaks and valleys of GOIO population as influenced by Steam sales go ;)

Yupp, but never 1000+ people. Im sure that some will stick. Will maybe not earn goio a significant ammount but some atleast.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 12:30:18 am »
It'll last about a week or two with numbers back to normal by about a month. However, the baseline numbers has gradually been increasing. Since the netcode patch things were looking up. Then MM hit, but for all the vets that have stopped playing as much, more noobs fill in. When the new weapon is added and if certain ship refinements happen, we'll likely see a resurgence in veteran crowd. Ultimately tho, if Muse can get enough people into GOIO now, they may be able to get some bigger sales for COOP when it hits.

This is something I noticed Dino D-day did with their DLC COOP mode. They lowered the price of the initial game to super cheap for the steam sale then left the DLC price higher. The game is fun enough that I've been tempted to splurge and get the COOP addon. Trouble is, no one I gifted copies to has gotten into game yet. When there is no friends to COOP with, there is no reason to buy the DLC.

Awesomenauts has done a similar thing with Starstorm. They cut the main game price to dirt cheap then leave Starstorm high. Cept to me they haven't given a reason to pay the higher price yet. Course I'm not a serious player of that.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 01:18:07 am »
Co-op is a really good point.

I think the game and its community will develop far better with the introduction of Co-op.

Most players wouldn't mind the relatively stressless version of GOIO. New players can get the hang of the game in the less "competitive" mode of the game. Having a good player base for the upcoming Co-op is a really good thing. And the Skirmish and MM could really use a four-digit players online.

Does anybody know how many people own GOIO? It'd be good to have that in this discussion.

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 01:34:46 am »
Hopefully the PS4 release will bring in folks as well.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 02:38:03 am »
Well if forum membership comes with purchase of the game then there are 224077 owners of GOIO atm.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 11:12:34 am »
Steam sales are useful for getting new blood.

But in the process of this period in the life cycle of guns. You gotta weed out the riff raff from the diamonds in the rough. Eventually the riff raff will leave. And those that endured the trials by fire that the vets demand of them, become just like us, inquisitive, intuitive and a team player.

So yes. It does increase the playerbase, or rather maintains it as people come and go. It is a necessary thing.  My clan is full of wonderful players, that have simply vanished from the game. But they are proof that the sales are necessary in maintaining the community.

And here's hoping the ps4 will finally help not only maintain the community, but increase it to.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:15:02 am by Ceresbane »

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 11:57:50 am »
Well if forum membership comes with purchase of the game then there are 224077 owners of GOIO atm.

Imagine if all half scratch all that, just one tenth came back for co-op. That's 22 thousand we're talking about here. Hundred times the usual number.

Heads up Muse. Servers better be ready for future releases! Don't be a Warlord of Draenor!

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2014, 12:12:34 pm »

Imagine if all half scratch all that, just one tenth came back for co-op. That's 22 thousand we're talking about here. Hundred times the usual number.

Heads up Muse. Servers better be ready for future releases! Don't be a Warlord of Draenor!
To be fair, half of WoD release issues were due to DDOS-ers. Muse probably won't have to deal with that.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2014, 01:35:48 pm »

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2014, 04:40:46 pm »

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2014, 05:32:33 pm »
So then perhaps only 220k are the ones who have checked into the forums? Hmmm, reminder for someone to ask Muse at the devside later what numbers are accurate. We know its at over 250k. I'd guestimate given a year since that post we'd be closer to 500k by now.

So either way, lets estimate Muse makes COOP mode and lets throw out all the people who did the kickstarter. So say maybe 300k are all people who haven't kickstarted or given money for COOP. Say COOP was $10 just for the purpose of this calculation. Thats 3 mil right there. So even if 100k still haven't bought COOP but will once it launches, then thats 1 mil to Muse. Divide that by 7 or 8 team members. Granted there is rent and such to pay on their offices and other expenses. But still, Dat gud bizness!