Author Topic: What do you do when you get bored in GoIO  (Read 5503 times)

Offline Steam Powered Norich

• Salutes: 1
    • [LOTM]
    • View Profile
What do you do when you get bored in GoIO
« on: January 29, 2015, 10:23:35 am »
I'm curious what other situations have arisen on ships when you and your crew get bored of waiting for the other team to show up.

This one has to be my favourite, Meet the Amazing Human Cannonball Cootersneeze!

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do when you get bored in GoIO
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 02:59:46 pm »
You used to be able to climb up the side rigging on the pyramidion. It was like a ladder that you could jump up.

If you're on a pyra your rear side gun should almost always be a flare which you can use to great effect to look for the enemy or prevent them from sneaking up on you.
I also use a flare on the left side of goldfish because it's more efficient to only engage with the right gun (closer to repairs).
Rear gun on a ranged galleon should always be a flare.

Basically bring flares! Aim for the tops of clouds.

If you wanna hurry things up just tell everyone in match chat to meet somewhere.

In the fjords map you can fly far off the map in a specific spot. Then you shoot back at warp speed. Hint: follow the river.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 05:21:23 pm »
If I'm on a Pyra, basically just try and re-enact that Titanic scene.

Other than that, just idly running around my ship and hitting fully repaired things with a wrench.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 06:12:17 pm »
Mine?

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:22:26 pm »
Although mining an ally may be tempting, keep in mind that your ally minds getting mined and may report you for friendly mining. Although it may seem like a minor offense, as a former miner myself I assure you that Muse and the community frown upon friendly fire.

Cease fire when their armor breaks or you will cause permanent damage. If they have a completely fresh ship (hasn't been shot by an enemy), quickly mine them until they die (won't count as a kill). Once you commit you can't stop until they die. You need to kill them as quick as possible before your opponents show up. Best when used in conjunction with tar and something hard.

Seriously though don't do it,  it's rude. And it can seriously screw up an engagement.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 12:52:53 am »
Although mining an ally may be tempting, keep in mind that your ally minds getting mined and may report you for friendly mining. Although it may seem like a minor offense, as a former miner myself I assure you that Muse and the community frown upon friendly fire.

MINE!!

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 01:04:09 pm »
dance party on the main deck in final 50 seconds of cp.