Author Topic: Sac VIP Match - Feedback and Suggestions  (Read 7537 times)

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Sac VIP Match - Feedback and Suggestions
« on: November 15, 2014, 02:26:31 am »
Sac VIP Match!

The first Sac hosted VIP Match, casted by Imagine. went off without a glitch! We had a great turn out and everyone seemed to have loads of fun. You can catch video's of the matches on Imagine's Twitch channel and Richard LeMoon recorded some of the matches from the view of a VIP Pilot. We played a total of 5 matches. 4 won by the Sweep Rule and 1 won by the Most Kill Rule.

Sac will be hosting a VIP Lobby every Friday night from 10pm-12am EST with the ever entertaining Imagine casting. These are fun open community matches. There are no formal sign ups since there is no roster but leaving a comment if you can join is always appreciated. Come in for 1 match or stay for the whole 2 hours. Come with your clan, your friends or just yourself.

Tropo and Richard started this game mode just about a year ago but Sac is always trying to make it the best that is can be. Posted will be the current rules and also what we have as suggestions for revising some of the game play for the VIP matches. We would like to know the opinions of the community that played during the matches tonight. What you guys liked and what may help improve it. 

The comments in the * * are ones that have been suggested and are being considered. Please give your thoughts on those. All suggestions left in the comments will be considered and tried during practices. The ones the improve the overall game play will be added.

VIP MODE RULES:

- A 3v3 played in any of the King of the Hill or Crazy King maps. *Anglean Raiders seem to be the best option currently**Raid on the Refinery seems to be out due to slo-mo issues*
(No capturing of the point, you ruin the whole game and the lobby has to be re-made)
- 1 Ship on each team will have a name of VIP
- 30 minutes per match
- 2 ways to win: 1) 5 Kills on the enemies VIP ship *4 Kills instead*
                         OR
                           2) Wipe Out: The VIP ship kills each enemy ship 1 time each
- Most wins at the end of 30 minutes takes the match
- In the case of a tie there will be a sudden death in which the first side to kill the enemies VIP ship wins.
- 1 player as referee in spectate: keeps track of time and kills. 
- Once the winner is declared the losing teams MUST surrender the match
- *No Pauses*

Imgine's Video's from tonight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8soCUHTFwA&list=PL7-GzLUVy6cHZEG59xP9OV88ZaQZ4fyNh

Imagine's Twitch Channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/imagine42/profile

Richard LeMoon's Video's from tonight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyTzf7n_2ck&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq7OSFEeCxc&feature=youtu.be

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: Sac VIP Match - Feedback and Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 09:39:56 am »
I just finished watching Imagines youtube replays and they were some pretty intense moments in there!  It was actually pretty exciting, so well done Imagine, KitKatKitty, Tropo and everyone else involved!  I have helped referee these games before and it can get confusing with all the rules when people start brawling, so I can't imagine how hard it would be to commentate it (pun intended).

I wouldn't mind knowing from others how they found the 'sweep' rule.  It makes the rules complicated, but is basically there to prevent one teams VIP from hiding in the corner of the map for the entire game.

Also, unfortunately Raid on the Refinery suffered from technical issues so that was frustrating because I think VIP mode uses lots of different parts of that map don't get used in CK.

Offline Heldigris

• Salutes: 6
    • [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 06:01:20 pm »
I have always been a fan of tropos VIP event, and i like the sweep rule since it gets all the ships involved and increases the need to communicate and cooperate better.

IMO i think the raid on the refinary should be taken out of the pool, since it is so often affected by slo-mo and other bad events.

had loads of fun during the VIP matches though so keep it going will try to show up aslong as i am awake

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 10:19:35 pm »
today we had a ship capture the point in future i think it should count as a vip death for the team who capped the point

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 10:29:52 pm »
that sounds reasonable.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 10:43:41 pm »
I'd say only if done purposefully... and only on scrap. We've had flags get accidental captured before.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 11:40:05 pm »
The Raid match we played went without a hitch as far as slo-mo. I say leave it in, and just call the game at most kills or just a draw if it ever starts going molasses.

The cap done on Scrap today completely ruined our team's match, as we had to break formation and keep trying to pull ships out of battle to uncap as requested. Every time we did, one of our other ships would get killed. We lost two points due to that, when we were ahead.

Anyone that caps on purpose should be asked to leave that week's event as soon as the match is over as well as costing them a VIP death.

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 11:50:46 pm »
its a community  based event and all players are welcome

however i do believe some penalty for capturing the point  in the vip game mode  i was thinking one vip death or one vip death per 100 points captured to the team that capture the point special on desert scrap

also rules changes  to the team that has no vip ship with lose 2 deaths to there vip which is always the top ship on the team

other proposed rules"

north and south spawns per the team that start on which ever side of the sand storm they started on

Offline Admiral Ackbar RTDT

• Salutes: 5
    • [Krag]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 10:23:03 pm »
its a community  based event and all players are welcome

however i do believe some penalty for capturing the point  in the vip game mode  i was thinking one vip death or one vip death per 100 points captured to the team that capture the point special on desert scrap

also rules changes  to the team that has no vip ship with lose 2 deaths to there vip which is always the top ship on the team

other proposed rules"

north and south spawns per the team that start on which ever side of the sand storm they started on

Until this is an official game mode we do need a penalty for capping the point. I don't know which team would have won if the point hadn't been capped in that game last week. It was still a good game but we do need a ruling.