Author Topic: Top pilots  (Read 98280 times)

Offline Mezhu

• Salutes: 33
    • [Sgar]
    • View Profile
Top pilots
« on: November 09, 2014, 02:07:37 pm »
What's in your opinion the highest skilled pilots (not your favorite ones to fly with!) currently or at least until recently involved with the game? What's their strongest and weakest points?
I remember there being a similar thread in the past but I can't seem to find it, and it should be pretty old by now so..

Anyway. I'd say, in no particular order, the following;

Thomas- I've never had the chance to play with this guy, but watching him fly lately has more often than not left me in awe. With bold yet precise and calculated movements, he can boast extreme map awareness which in several occassions has given him the supreme positioning ability and ultimately the kill in long-lasting fights. I think he's the most exciting to watch up-and-coming figure of the competitive scene. I wish he flew more frequently.
Lueosi- simply the most knowledgeable player in the game, and for some time now. He knows what works and why and almost always manages to have the upper hand in engagements. His ship awareness and tremendous experience with all roles allows him to very effectively manage his crew, turning even an average one into a well-oiled machine. When on top of an experienced crew his ship is extremely hard to kill and even harder to ignore. I'd say his only disadvantage is how he can sometimes hesitate in now-or-never situations, I'm guessing due to trying to optimize his reaction thus sometimes missing the time window.
Fiasco- although not as prominent as he used to be during thralls' peak, Fiasco still stands out. He's kind of the opposite of Lu- despite his many games with all roles he avoids micromanaging his crew and focuses solely on his piloting instead, making him very reliant on their performance and communication. His piloting style is almost instinctual and sometimes even overconfident, which can be devastating to either the enemy or his own team depending on the day and his coordination with the allied pilot. I hope we get to see him fly competitively again in the close future.

Honorable mentions to Skrim, who I feel excels more as a strategist rather than a pilot but still managed quite a few amazing maneuvers while always providing Fiasco an error-correcting mechanism for his shenanigans and also Spud, who somehow manages never to put his ship in a bad place, turning otherwise imbalanced pubs into surprisingly challenging games, even when paired with the worst crew imaginable.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 02:09:19 pm by Mezhu »

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Top pilots
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 03:00:33 pm »
Mezhu is #1 pro mlg videogame pilot!

Offline Lydia Litvyak

• Salutes: 40
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 03:40:41 pm »
I like lue ♡

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 04:14:21 pm »
Yes! Please more ass-licking! Almost every single competitive pilot is worthy to mention here. I wonder why we don't have "best engineer" or "best gunner" Because on my best engineers list Mezhu is #1 (Not a joke. I have learned a lot of thing from you, buddy)

Anyways. From the part of the community, I had the pleasure to know, a definitely worthy to mention here is Hillerton

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 04:21:32 pm »
Zill OP

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 05:06:03 pm »
Spud is God.

Melon Rams OP.

Daniel <3

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 05:15:55 pm »

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 09:09:03 pm »
Everyone knows Zill is best pilot. HamsterIV get in here and set the record straight.

Offline Shaytan

• Salutes: 5
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 05:20:49 am »
Frogger from the Ducks.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 06:38:44 am »
There are so many op elite top pilots it's so hard to choose whose ego to boost.. And omgftw the skill has a droolfactor of ten and autographs are gonna be added to goio store soon.. I swear..

Tropo is fun to fly with. He does 90% of the talking so you don't really notice if you stomped or got stomped. He is so op he has a cactus as co-pilot and a cat organising.

Zuka is the pinball of goio maps. The chuck norris of steam. The ultimate sauce master and no peasant is born without knowing of the glorious zuka the great.

Captain Roy and his mighty galleon. Noone has truly played goio before having heard his silky voice in the lobby and enjoyed the warm wind of the skies on his friendly galleon that rams and hwatchas enemies like no other. Oh my what a gent.

Ariden and her squid. Nice to fly on. No anger, great flying and fun.

Crafekstertys spire. Any heavy flak gunners wet dream. Nuff said.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:41:26 am by genozide »

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 08:27:52 am »
Every Pyramidion pilot ever. I just can't get that thing to work and shamefully, secretely admire everybody that does.
Bloody weakest ship in the game...

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 01:59:26 pm »
I've seen Melon McCrabernathy do some of the most amazing and some of the stupidest piloting I've ever seen.

See last weekend's R&D matches for examples.
Especially match 2.
Man equalizes and then escapes a 2v1.
Against Thralls.

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 07:29:39 pm »
Every Pyramidion pilot ever. I just can't get that thing to work and shamefully, secretely admire everybody that does.
Bloody weakest ship in the game...

Is it bad that I am the opposite in admiring everyone who does not fly a pyramidion, that ship is just so simple and powerful. I have flown so many matches with it that I am taking every opportunity to not use it and use something I am not good at

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 10:16:52 pm »
@ Battle Toads gotta love sarcasm on the internetz.

I love seeing thomas squid flying, it's everywhere but in your gunarcs.

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 10:30:32 pm »
@ Battle Toads gotta love sarcasm on the internetz.

If you are referring to dementio's comment being sarcasm, reading it back again that does make it seem a little sarcastic but I have seen a lot of people who don't like to fly the pyra or can't. Its a good ship but its easy to not love when you value maneuverability, heavy guns or long/short range versatility, which the pyra lacks in some regards