Author Topic: Let noobs be noobs - lvl cap  (Read 20034 times)

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Let noobs be noobs - lvl cap
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 01:27:22 pm »
Why can't we have both?

Reaaalllllyy slow exp gain for playing normally (like just add a huge-ass x.05 multiplier on normal exp earned from matches so 20 matches turns into 1000 matches) and give Achivements high amounts of exp in addition to their current rewards.

That way, if you really, really, REALLY care about this game, but can't get achiveos because you have no skills, you have a slow way of crawiling up top, and at the same time, promotes actually earning skills for achiveos to get your levels.

I don't actually like slowing down exp gains.. I think they should stop dividing gunner vs engineer exp though and just make "Captain exp" and "Crew exp" charts, so weather your a gunner or an engineer you get exp for shooting and repairing..

I could support achievements giving exp bonuses though..

- Also on topic a bit, what if they made it so you can't opt out of novice games until you complete the tutorials... (or of course level out of novice)..

That might help stop people who know nothing from ending up in a normal match..

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 02:40:28 pm »

I don't actually like slowing down exp gains.. I think they should stop dividing gunner vs engineer exp though and just make "Captain exp" and "Crew exp" charts, so weather your a gunner or an engineer you get exp for shooting and repairing..

I could support achievements giving exp bonuses though..

- Also on topic a bit, what if they made it so you can't opt out of novice games until you complete the tutorials... (or of course level out of novice)..

All of my love to these ideas.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 03:23:00 pm »

Yea, I can't believe the number of times I flew with people who didn't know what repair cool down was.

GET OFF THAT BLOODY BALLOON! IT'S PERFECTLY FINE! REBUILD THE HULL. THE HULL. THE HULL!

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 03:28:37 am »
Galleon ally, level 1 pilot, matches 0, PMed him:
Me:"have you done the tutorials?"
Him:"No wot u care its a game fuk off i do wot i wont noob"
Me [in lobby]:"Place your bets, time before [no,name-n-shame] rage quits!

Some people said a few minutes, but the winner was the one who bet 30seconds, he quit before even 10 seconds passed, aparently he didn't know what to do or where the helm was...

It seem's it is becoming more useful to check someone's profile and match completion percentage than it is to check their load outs!
Ally captain has X matches and 50% or less match completion? Assume he's a rage quitting cry baby and leave lobby....

most the rage quits are from the ons who un-check novice too :/