Author Topic: Matchmaking hard at work.  (Read 26220 times)

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
Re: Matchmaking hard at work.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 06:54:28 am »
Had a pretty amusing game yesterday where I was match-made on MasterODZaster's ship into Raid on Refinery, the average level of all other players in the lobby between 2 and 6. We proceeded to move from point to point capping them and win the game without firing a single shot or bumping into the enemy once.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 07:15:43 am »
[Ad both previous posts]

What.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 10:44:48 am »
Close, sparklerfiish. That screenshot was taken after a minute of looking at ship loadouts quick to see what I was dealing with. There were about five spots open on a few ships. More players joined as I was doing this, and I suddenly realized that I did not see a blue name on any ship, thinking that the highlight was broken. There were still a few empty slots (two captain slots, actually), so I asked if anyone could see me on those ships. Maybe I just was not showing up? Nope. The last slots filled and I took the screenshot.

So, basically, it put me in the lobby without actually putting me in the lobby.

Richard THIS SAME THING happened to me last night! I was in crew formation with a friend and they added us to a lobby with only 3 slots open but none of those slots on the same ship and Wandering was a pilot yet put him in a non pilot spot, making 2 pilots on 1 ship. AND I was a "ghost" in the lobby. Wasn't on any of the ships and wasn't in spectator.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 02:02:36 pm »
Ok, that is the current best. Gold medal winner right there!

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 04:33:17 pm »
Not even going to post the screenshots, but it happened to me again, twice in a row. First another 4v4, then a 2v2. Can also confirm that match chat does not work in this strange Limbo.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 08:42:05 pm »
Not even going to post the screenshots, but it happened to me again, twice in a row. First another 4v4, then a 2v2. Can also confirm that match chat does not work in this strange Limbo.

Happened to me twice today.
Same state that happens when you join a lobby that's in progress before picking a ship.

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 12:09:17 am »
All the skill won't matter in the world if you always lose because you get placed within a team filled with levels less than 10 who are absolutely inexperienced.

I'm not sure if it's the constantly losing games that keeps sticking me down into rooms with lower levels or because it's the system being nonsensical. Yeah, one guy on the other team is a lvl 45 captain so I get put in there as an high level engineer because everyone else is low level. Balanced, right.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 01:37:54 pm »
Was trying to get a proper match started so created a custom lobby invited all my friends. We had 3 spots that we needed filled when we opened the match up to the que after sometime we still hadn't had anyone from que join, to the point we asked if we even had opened it to the que (we had indeed), so I went back to my friends list and got 2 more friends who by that time had ended their match and jumped in. The ONLY person that was sent into out lobby from que...yep...a level 1

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 01:42:41 pm »
The ONLY person that was sent into out lobby from que...yep...a level 1

He probably won 1 game and thus his winrate and skill rating skyrocketed into infinity and beyond, making him more than suitable for a balanced match like this. Or most of the better players just don't bother being matchmade into any lobby anymore.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 01:54:16 pm »
Or most of the better players just don't bother being matchmade into any lobby anymore.

I'm gonna wager this is the more likely culprit.  I don't use the matchmaker at all anymore, only friend join and crewform.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 01:58:24 pm »
That was a good time in-spite of getting my rear handed to me every match. It gave me a good idea of what competitive play feels like. The screen shot looks like one of the first matches we played. Soon after the game crashed for a few players and their slots were replaced by low levels from the queue.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 02:28:47 pm »
That was a good time in-spite of getting my rear handed to me every match. It gave me a good idea of what competitive play feels like. The screen shot looks like one of the first matches we played. Soon after the game crashed for a few players and their slots were replaced by low levels from the queue.

Yes, I think this was the very first match we played. And Yes Sparkler I think most high level players are just using custom match making now...only if 1 more person would have accepted my invite.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 02:56:30 pm »
My mistake was taking the squid. :)

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2014, 12:50:48 pm »
Well... I was playing with Roland today. We both joined the crew formation. We started looking for a new match, aaaaaand... After five minutes we stumble upon one.

What was wrong?

We were split; he was on the ship as captain, and I was on ship of the enemy team.

Dafuq matchmaker?

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2014, 02:34:16 pm »
My frustration knows no bounds. How do you even miss with a flamethrower?!?

*sigh* *forever teaching mode activated*