Author Topic: Petition: Proper Pilot Stats  (Read 6912 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Petition: Proper Pilot Stats
« on: October 20, 2014, 07:37:01 am »
Spots cleared, is in no way an important stat for pilots to check. Spots can be broken at random without effort and are often problematic or buggy due to cloud issues. They also get reapplied just as quick as they go away.

As I noted already, pilots should have kills and deaths listed. Being able to calculate your own personal K/D ratio is much more useful than spots.

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Petition: Proper Pilot Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 07:49:51 am »
Actually, I LIKE seeing my spots cleared. I tend to do my best to NOT be seen when I can help it, so that's actually a big deal to me. And I don't want to see how many times I've died, as that's depressing to think about.

Offline Nidh

• Salutes: 16
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 09:57:16 am »
Why can't we have both?

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 08:08:47 pm »
Also some stats only show what you have done since the new patch. For example it says I have only 12 ram kills, which counts the rams I have gotten since 1.38, but not before even though rams and ships destroyed are the same thing if you are a pilot (unless you get off the helm and step on a flak or something)

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 10:26:53 pm »
Also some stats only show what you have done since the new patch. For example it says I have only 12 ram kills, which counts the rams I have gotten since 1.38, but not before even though rams and ships destroyed are the same thing if you are a pilot (unless you get off the helm and step on a flak or something)

Except "ships killed" is counting ships your CREW has killed, while "rams" are ships killed because you hit them with your ship. Meaning the final blow was specifically from your ship, and not from a gun.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 10:49:42 pm »
It totally reset a lot of my stats, like longest win streak.  :(

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 12:24:04 am »
It totally reset a lot of my stats, like longest win streak.  :(

Thats a bug. Already known.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 01:55:53 am »
I'm just glad B'Elanna reminded me the night before. I logged in, took a screenshot.

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 06:16:10 pm »

Except "ships killed" is counting ships your CREW has killed, while "rams" are ships killed because you hit them with your ship. Meaning the final blow was specifically from your ship, and not from a gun.

"Crew Kills" show kills made by your crew (flak, mortar kills etc), however "Ships Destroyed" refers only to ships that the player destroyed that match, either as a gunner, engie or pilot. So "Ram Kills" should be replaced by a "Ships Destroyed" counter for pilot, as it would be more accurate